Monday, June 16, 2014

Father's Day prep

This has nothing to do with Father's Day, but this is how Ginger was sleeping on Thursday.  I was just waiting for her to come out with a concussion. 
I was very, very late in taking the D-A-D pictures this year.  I had even prepared in advance and bought a black shower curtain liner for the backdrop because the kids have outgrown the black towels I had been using. 
 
We took the pictures on Friday morning and then I ordered them from the Walgreens close to my parents house in Tucson because we drove down there Friday afternoon.  There is nothing like waiting until the last minute.
 
We took Elliott's pictures first even though he is the second "D" in the frame.
 









 
Here's what they look like all together.
 And this is what I let them share at 9:15 am for cooperating with very little complaining.  We still have a lot of Easter candy left.
 
This is 2012, 2013 and 2014.
 This year I also took some new pictures.  I had seen a cute idea on pinterest (shocker!) about taking a picture with a kid's favorite thing and making the pictures into a collage.
 
Elliott loves milk.  Probably more than his family.
 
Spencer loves Star Wars.  It was his idea to take the picture holding the blue-ray box.
 
This is the collage.  We gave copies to grandpa and papa too. 
The actual Father's Day post will be up after I sleep, work out, go to work, work, come home from work, go to swim lessons, make dinner and get the kids to bed.

3 comments:

Michael said...

The pictures were great. Love them every year.

Sherry said...

The pictures were great! I forgot about your D.A.D. picture tradition. I need to "pin" this so maybe I can get more creative for Father's Day next year. Haha!

Cat said...

You are so creative. I love it! I am so far behind on your blog (and my own!).