Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sleepy Sleeperson

I was headed to bed about 10 minutes ago. I peaked into Spencer's room and had a mini heart attack because I couldn't find him.  I got a little closer to his bed and this is what I found. 
We've never been able to convince him to sleep under the covers, but he'll pile 84 pillows on top of himself.

Since I took pictures of my first born sleeping I thought I'd take pictures of my second born sleeping.

Elliott has been ravaged with acid reflux so he is sleeping in the rock n play all the time now.  It puts him at a perfect angle so he's not uncomfortable. We got a prescription for some reflux medicine from our pediatrician today, so hopefully that helps.  He hasn't even been cuddling with me in bed for the last 2 weeks because I can't get him at the right angle.  We had some rough nights before we decided to just try this for all his sleep.
Tonight is his first night in the new Halo Sleep Sack Swaddler.  He is getting too long for the miracle blanket (which he has slept in every night since he was about 5 days old), but he still really likes being swaddled. This one is much longer and gives him much more room for kicking.  So far, so good.
And my adopted daughter.
She was the only one that woke up from the flash.  Then she glared at me.

Some pictures of the kids before the pediatrician appointment this morning:


 What the hell, Spencer?


By the way.  The kid on the right?  11 pounds 14 ounces.  I was feeling reeeeeeeeally good about it until Amy told me that Trenton, who weighed 6 pounds 10 ounces at birth (less than Elliott at birth) was 11 pounds at his 1 month check-up.

2 comments:

Jeannette said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see you get so much good use out of the rock n play! :)

By the way, 11 lbs and 14 oz is AH-mazing after all you've had going against you to get weight on that boy. Be proud, mama! :)

Cat said...

Hope Elliot is feeling better.