Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Back

  I'm back. Finally.  Getting our computer fixed took waaaaaaay longer than anticipated.  Life without a computer is no bueno.

  This is the two week saga:

  When our hard drive failure was imminent we contacted the Geek Squad at Best Buy to fix it and make it better.  They told us we needed the set-up disc specific to our computer for them to do anything.  We didn't have that disc because, this is too perfect, the Geek Squad set up our computer when we originally bought it and they didn't ever give us the disc.  So, we contacted HP to get the disc.  They told us that the hard drive for our computer was no longer being made/sold and we would have to just buy a whole new computer.  They actually told us that if we tried to save data from our old hard drive on to a new one it would corrupt everything.  Lying bastards.

So, Michael called the IT guy at his work.  He does private consultations in his off time.  He took our computer for 5 days, bought a new hard drive and transferred everything.  Successfully.  For less than $200. I was really, really, really worried that we had lost 3 years worth of pictures.  I got lazy in  June of 2009 and haven't backed up pictures since then.  Bad me.  Guess what I will be doing this summer? I do have thousands of pictures in my picasa albums that are all from the blog, but it would have sucked to have lost access to ALL of our pictures.

Now I'm behind on the blog.  It's like when I had to catch up after my 2 week bed rest in the hospital stay and Elliott's almost 2 week in the hospital with sepsis stay.  

These are some of the things I need to cover:

1) Elliott's latest appointment with Dr. Miloh (the hepatologist).  We got very, very, very good news.  That will be my next post because it's just mean to say that we got good news and not share it ASAP.

2) Michael's birthday.
  
3) Elliott starting solids.
  
4) Spencer finishing school for the year (including comparison pictures of his first and last day while wearing the same outfit).
  
5) Some stuff about my job.
 6) A random post with pictures that don't fit anywhere else.
  
But, Elliott will be up in the next hour-ish and instead of blogging I am going to foolishly try to go to sleep before then, resulting in me feeling like I am paralyzed and suffering from Alzheimers disease when I get up after only sleeping for 45 minutes.
  
Until my next post these tid bits will have to keep you entertained:
  
Spencer has been sleeping in a tent on his bed for 2 weeks.  He shows no signs of becoming bored with this set up.

Elliott can successfully fit 5 fingers in his mouth at once.  He's working on 6, but this currently results in gagging that lasts for minutes.

He also has the best back of the head hair I have ever seen. 
I mean, what is up with that line where it goes from random curly to straight up and down?  Is that part of his DNA?  Does an enzyme or a hormone control that?
All three of these bums continue to ruin each and every attempt at a beautiful picture for my blog header.





5 comments:

Maryellen said...

Geek Squad sucks!! I'm happy your computer was saved.

I think Spencer's tent bed is awesome!!

Megan said...

By the time you get a good picture of the three of them it will be two boys and a beagle!

Valerie said...

I love Spencer's tent bed. I want one!!!

Jeannette said...

I'm so glad you're back! Stalking you on FB just isn't the same. ;)

Cat said...

Welcome back (a little late)!