Thursday, October 21, 2010

SD- Day 4

Did you know that Sea World has different hours for different times of year? During October, a slow time of year, the park opens at 10 and closes at 6. They actually let us into the park at 9:30 but just into the "general" entrance area. Then we had to wait for 1/2 an hour.

Note Spencer's adorable sweatshirt. There is nothing more appropriate than wearing a beagle to see a bunch of ocean creatures. 1st stop. Beluga whales.

Next- Polar bears. I overheard a woman talking about how she thought it was ridiculous that the Tucson zoo has polar bears. I agree, random woman. I agree.
I'm going to submit this photo to National Geographic and try to pass it off as a picture I took in the Arctic Ocean.
On to penguins. We were there during feeding time. Those are not penguins in clothes.


This walrus man really freaks me out.
Sea lions
Elmo's Flying Fish ride. Michael and Spencer went in the clown fish elmo.
I went in the doggy elmo fish.
On to the sharks. Look at this sumbitch. I'm sorry for my potty mouth. There is no other way of describing this animal.
I mean really. He's pure evil.
FLASHBACK TIME

In 1994 I went to San Diego with Laura and her parents. It was a couple weeks before we started our Sophomore year of High School. Laura took this picture of me on the sky ride. I was 14.
I tried to recreate it at age 31. I'm not aging well.
I lost another 8 months of my life worrying about Spencer falling out of the ride into the ocean and then how I would have to go in after him.
BTW. Spencer changed into a whale shirt after the day warmed up a bit.
Sting rays
Creepy little fellas
Playing at the toddler zone
One more ride on Elmo's Flying Fish right before closing time. We were the luckiest people at the park and got on the PIG ELMO!
Back to the hotel where Spencer played with my hair curlers.
Then into bed.
It was a great day at Sea World. It made me think that maybe, possibly, just perhaps, we could try Disneyland. I'm taking donations of $20-$200 to make that dream come true.

6 comments:

Krista said...

Too bad you couldn't have scrounged up those old sunglasses. They would have made the difference! Hee hee!

Karen said...

Au contraire, my friend, you are aging quite well! If you didn't tell me which pic was taken 16 years ago, I wouldn't have known :) Also, I now want to go to Sea World very soon. Hope Tyler still likes Elmo whenever that day comes.

Maryellen said...

Your trip to Sea World was coooool. I love that you used sumbitch. It made me laugh but I agree that there was no other way to describe that bad boy.

By the way, you are aging fabulously. Would you really still want to look 14? You looked really pretty but you were a kid. You are now a sophisticated woman. I always feel weird using the word, "woman".

chelsea said...

You look gorgeous, then and now. Also, why aren't the penguins wearing clothes? THAT would be cool. And, Disneyland? You can totally do it!

Laura said...

The only reasons that I can tell the difference from then and now are...
1. your sunglasses. nuff said.
2. The quality of the picture. I think that film pictures often turn out so much better!:)
3. The knowledge that I have of that infamous day and the 'hottness' that we experienced. I'm not talking weather.

Cat said...

Aww, looks like you had a good day--and yes, I realize I am 3 weeks behind in blogland.