Tuesday, February 27, 2018

I'm still alive

Just popping in from my work computer to tell you that I am still alive.  We bought a new computer in January.  It took us a few weeks to get around to setting it up.  We transferred everything from our old computer to an external hard drive, then set up the new computer, then transferred everything from the external hard drive to the new computer and then....................the new computer was apparently made out of straight garbage because we could never get it to work.  We spent hours with Costco Concierge services and Dell trying to get it to work.  We couldn't ever get it to connect to the internet without blocking every single site.

  So, after two weeks with nobody being able to figure it out we finally gave up and we returned the piece of trash yesterday.  We were also unable to wipe it (because, remember, the internal components of this $1,000 "computer" are made out of garbage) so our files and pictures will most likely be re-sold to someone else and they'll steal our identity.

I have a laptop at home, but I have no pictures stored on it.  I can use my work computer, but I have no pictures.  And what is a blog post without 4,500 pictures?

We're buying a new computer today and hopefully things will work better.  It'll take me a few days to get everything transferred over.  I'm also taking a 13 hour neurosciences class this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  But I promise I will not let the blog die!  I will be back.  With stories of trips to California and the ER.

.......to be continued.......

No comments: