Monday, November 21, 2016

A scorpion and an important milestone

After a weekend out of town (and a night of Elliott being sick and me sleeping in his twin bed with him) I was tired and had a hard time getting up and going last Monday morning (November 14th).  Elliott was still sleeping, so it was just me and Spencer up at 7:00.  He ate breakfast while I made his lunch.  I started to put the PB&J sandwich in the bag before I noticed a big hole in the bread. I was feeling very proud of my bread plug I invented on a sleepy Monday morning. 
And then Spencer pointed at the ceiling and asked what was up there.

I glanced up.

Do you see it?

Yep.  A huge scorpion. 
Spencer left for school soon after and left me all alone to deal with this.  We have vaulted ceilings and at their highest point are probably 20 feet.  This was probably at 12 feet so I had to get the tallest ladder out of the garage to get to it. 
I smacked it with a fly swatter and of course it fell onto the couch, alive, and started burrowing into the cushions.  I had horrific images of it laying babies in there so I jumped off the top of the ladder and started pulling cushions of.  I found it and murdered it about 16 times. 

Dead.  Don't even think about messing with me scorpions. 
I took Elliott in to see the doctor that afternoon and of course he was totally fine by the time we got to the appointment. 

We went to the new Home Goods after because he wanted to see the play car. 


He also found a teddy bear friend. 

Ginger was just typical Ginger on Wednesday last week. 

Glad we could provide a soft yet supportive bed for half of your body, Ginger. 
So, November 16th is a big day for us every year and this November 16th was a huge day for us.  It was the 20th anniversary of when Michael and I met.  

We do not have a picture from the day we met but we are fairly certain this is the first picture of us together (probably 2-3 months later). 

And now, 20 years later. 

We had decided a long time ago (like, a year ago) that we would take the kids out for a fancy dinner for the 20 year.  We almost didn't because we honestly weren't in the mood, but I'm glad we pushed through. 

Michael and I shared an order of bruschetta with onions cooked in wine, asparagus and prosciutto.  We could have eaten about 8 orders. 

Elliott got spaghetti with butter and parmesan. 

I got risotto with sweet potatoes and chicken. 

Spencer got the kid lasagna. 

Michael got the grown-up lasagna. 
Then we went next door for gelato.  

She's scooping my lotus cookie (which is like biscoff).  I also got toasted marshmallow which is without a doubt the best thing I've ever eaten. 





Elliott wanted us to take all these pictures.  What?


It was also the day that Elliott turned 4 years 11 months so we took his monthly pictures there. 

Not official

Official 
November 17th is also a double special day in our family.  It's wear purple for preemies day/World Prematurity Awareness Day.  We took our family picture in purple to honor our two preemies. 

It's also my mom's birthday, so we took a picture to share with her on Facebook. 

No comments: