Monday, June 3, 2013

Third last and other stuff

Spencer had his last day of preschool on Wednesday, May 29th.  He went to preschool for three years, so it was his third last day.
 
Of course I did a comparison collage.
 
 And just because I am feeling sentimental......

Here he is on his first first day of preschool.
And his first last day of preschool. 
It was water day and he had to wear his swim suit.  It will bother me for the next 66 years that he's not wearing the same outfit as the first day.
 
The second first day of preschool.
 
And the second last day of preschool.  He really grew up a lot that year.
 
And finally, the third first day of preschool,
 
And the third last day of preschool.
 
 Spencer had the same teacher for his second and third years of preschool.  We got her, and her aid, a little end of the year gift.  We filled a bag with orange shampoo, orange conditioner, orange nail polish, orange vitamin water, orange tea and orange gum.
 
Then we added an orange,
 
and an orange shaped card,
 
with a cute little message.
 
I thought they were pretty cute.
While Spencer was enjoying his last day of school Elliott was enjoying some binge eating in the pantry. 

 
We have to keep the cereal up really high or he finds it every time.
He also tested the strength of his chompers.  He just loves carrying these jingle bells around in his mouth. 
 
And speaking of chompers, Spencer lost his second tooth on Saturday.
The tooth fairy brought him another two dollars.  This time it was minus the glitter because the tooth fairy was busy and tired.
 
Elliott got a summer haircut on Friday, but I didn't take pictures until Sunday.
 
It was god-awful and I should have left the lady a 77% tip instead of the 20% I did give her.
He threw a huge fit and screamed and cried the entire time.  I'm shocked she did such a good job under the circumstances.

Michael's parents spent the weekend with us.  Michael and his dad took care of a few outside projects.  It was really hot on Sunday when they were working outside (first heat advisory of the year) so I went to the grocery store and bought a lot of food from the deli so they could have a manly lunch during their break.
 
Michael was holding and preparing to eat a fried chicken leg when Elliott took it out of his hands and then devoured the entire thing. 


After dinner Elliott found a bubble wand, shoved it in my hand and said BUBBLE, BUBBLE, BUBBLE.  I didn't even know he knew that word.
 
So, I whipped up some homemade bubble mixture and we got to work. 

 
I like this one because you can see the pieces of a broken bubble.

 
Did I mention the heat advisory we had yesterday?
 
These kids probably won't get fully dressed again until Halloween.




3 comments:

k and j said...

Cutest little boys!!!!!

Sherry said...

Okay, you pack so much into each post that I have a hard time writing short comments. Haha! I love all of Spencer's cute outfits. Evan actually had the blue whale shirt so don't be surprised if you see it on Brody this summer. You know we have similar tastes. I love the orange goody bags for his teachers...I know they love you! I didn't take pictures of the gifts I prepared for Brody's teachers, but I just gave them new insulated drink cups with straws stuffed with some yummy tea mixes and chocolates. The room mom had already organized a big gift from the class so I just wanted to do a little something from Brody and us. I have to fix up Evan's gift for his teacher by Friday (his last day). Oh Elliott, you are such a character! I hope you got to keep Spencer's tooth this time. I am looking forward to Evan loosing his second one so I can have one to keep. And Elliott, I wouldn't mind your throwing a big fit during your haircut if you smiled at me that cute, but you are looking too big with your new hair do! Man, you are going to eat your parents out of house and home (is that an expression you are familiar with in AZ?).

Anonymous said...

Ok I'm way behind but Elliott in the pantry eating cereal really makes me laugh. Johns nephews did this but they were like 14, so to see your little man helping himself to a snack so young is very funny....to me!

Mary