Saturday, June 18, 2011

You can figure it out






(yep- that's the actual test)


Did you figure it out?

I am almost 10 weeks pregnant!  I'm due in mid-January.

This is our baby!
It's kind of hard to tell what you're looking at.  Our baby is still very tiny.  2.28 cm to be exact.  About the size of a grape.  In about 4 more days the baby will be the size of a kumquat.  The ultrasound technician flipped the probe to 3-D for a couple of seconds.  There was much more detail and it was very cool looking, but she didn't take any pictures like that.  It's probably a stupid insurance thing.  Anyway, I circled the pertinent parts.
That ultrasound picture was taken at 8 weeks 6 days.  We'll have another ultrasound in mid-August when we'll find out if it is a Michael Jr. or a Natalie Jr.

The heart rate was 178 beats/minute.  A hummingbird's heart rate is 250 beats/minute.  A sloth's is 45 beats/minute.

My official due date is January 18th, but I know better than anyone that the due date means nothing.

With my prior birth history (of one baby) I'll deliver on December 19th and have a Christmas Baby.
I'll be full-term on December 28th. 

That would make for an after-Christmas baby, which is fine and great, but our 10th anniversary is the 29th.  I'd like to be doing something fun, a.k.a. not being in labor.  I already did that on my 28th birthday.


January 1st might be fun.  We'd get to be on the 10:00 news and the hospital would give us an edible arrangement (hopefully a chocolate dipped one).
January 6th would be convenient because then I would only have to remember one day of the month when taking monthly pictures.

January 20th was my grandfather's birthday.  He would have turned 94 in 2012. 

If this is a boy in my belly, his middle name will be Stephen, after my grandfather (and my dad and my older brother). And no, we won't tell you first names until he/she is born.  Sorry.

Whenever this little baby decides to come (full-term, hopefully) is fine by me.  I'm just looking forward to bringing a baby home from the hospital and nursing a newborn when it's NOT 112 degrees. 


P.S. If you are reading this because I texted you about my posting a picture of you, don't worry, that obviously wasn't true. I just needed a way to get you to look at the blog asap. Tricky huh?

9 comments:

Cat said...

OMG, congrats! Um, is this going to complicate the Feb visit? :-p Also, I need to get back to blogging. Vaca starts next week so I should be able to get back in the groove then.

The GVZs said...

Yay! Huge congrats. Hope you are feeling great!

Shireen Wahid said...

Congratulations!!!!! This is so exciting! We love new babies around here ;) What does spencer think?

Anonymous said...

Yay, congratulations!! I hope double the kids = double the blog posts.
-Megan

Kendra Forgacs said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! Literally a few weeks ago on our trip to CA my mom and I were talking about you and wondering if you were going to have another baby because you seem to love being a Mommy SO much! We are so happy for you and I love the post! Very clever!

Megan said...

I am public ally declaring that I think you are having a Girl...Congrats!

k and j said...

OMG!! Yayyyyyyy!!!!

That is amazing news!! Can't wait to see you with a baby belly! Ahhhh!!!!!

Chelsea's Mom said...

I just knew it when I saw a picture of you drinking sparkling cider when the rest of your crazy buddies were...not! That, and what Kendra said above! Congratulations to a couple who really should be parents more than just once!

Maryellen said...

Natalie!!!! Congratulations!!!! This is beyond exciting!