Sunday, June 5, 2011

Games

First of all, let me apologize for being the worst blogger in the last week or so. 

I'd like to blame it on being too busy.  But I'm not.  I work part time, have 1 kid who still naps and a supportive husband who helps out immensely in everything "home" related.  I have time. 

I'd like to blame it on not having any fun plans.  But that's not true.  In the last 10 days we went to the zoo and the mall with Megan and Hadley, we went on an all day family outing with Josh, Laura and Sara, I had a girl's night out with Laura and we went to a happy hour at Maryellen's.  I've done fun stuff.

All of those activities are immensely bloggable.  I didn't take pictures though, which vastly reduces the enjoyability of a blog post.  But that makes it sound like I'm blaming my blogging absence on not taking pictures, and that's not entirely true.

I've just been apathetic about blogging lately.  It happens sometimes.  I'm going to blame the end of the school year.  I'm going to blame the increasing heat.  I'm going to blame just being tired.  Will you buy those excuses?

No?  Will you buy that I've been a slave to my 3-year-old's gaming demands?



Spencer has become a game freak. It's all he wants to do. Every day I play 3 rounds of Brown Bear/Panda Bear, 3 rounds of Spongebob Memory, 3 rounds of Picture Memory and 3 rounds of Number Memory. Almost every day I play a round or 2 of Cootie.

We've gotta get some new games.  The ones we have are driving me nuts.
We were in Tucson over the weekend.  I was totally going to write this blog on Friday night.  But then it was hot and I was tired.  So I didn't.  Anyway, Spencer beat Michael in Memory.  I suggested that he might want to knock daddy to the ground and jump on his chest in victory.
He liked it a bit too much.
This is the time of year that I start thinking of ideas for Spencer's birthday.  I know his interests won't change all that much in the next 3 months.  On the list:

Candy Land
Chutes and Ladders
Kid Monopoly
Hungry Hungry Hippo
Operation

But if I have to play Spongebob Memory one more time I might just break down and buy all of those games.  Like tomorrow.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I think you should do a game theme for his birthday...how fun would a candy land or hungry hungry hippo party be? Could be a winner!

Maryellen said...

He sure does like versions of Memory. That's really good for his...um...what is the word I'm looking for?

Krista said...

You are not making me want children (or miss speech pathology) with all that game talk. I'm not a kids game or cartoon lover. In fact I despise them. Is this going to make me a bad mom?

Cat said...

Good luck! I get into blog ruts too, but mine last a month, yours only seem to last a few days.