Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dreams

This is Spencer sleeping in his bed.  Looks cozy, huh? 

Apparently not.  Apparently this bed in the breeding ground of "nightmares". (Please note that nightmares is in quotes.)

On Thursday night he started screaming for mommy at 3:00 am.  I ran in to his room. 

Mommy: What is wrong?
Spencer: I had a nightmare.
Mommy: What was it about?
Spencer: There was a man and he had chocolate in his hair and he was being a BAD LISTENER!
Mommy: OOOOOK.  And that was scary?
Spencer: Yes.
Mommy: I'm tired.  Would you like to just come sleep with us?
Spencer: Yes.

(artist's rendition)
Friday night he started screaming for daddy at 3:15 am.  Michael ran in to his room.

Daddy: What's the matter?
Spencer: I had a bad dream.
Daddy: What happened in your dream?
Spencer: There was a golden butterfly and I hit its wings.
Daddy: That's not scary.
Spencer: Yes it is.  I want to sleep with you and mommy.
Daddy: Whatever.  Just come on.
Saturday night Spencer started screaming for mommy and daddy.  I opened one eye and told Michael to check the clock because I bet it was around 3:00.  Michael looked and it was 2:55.  I told him to convince Spencer that he could, in fact, continue the night in his own room.

Michael: What happened?
Spencer: I had a scary dream, Daddy.
Michael: Tell me about it.
Spencer: There were a bunch of trees.
Michael: No dice.  Trees are not scary.  Go back to sleep.  In your own room.

It wasn't until this morning that Spencer told us that the trees contained a bunch of people who were growling at him.  Growling tree people are legitimately scary. 

Whatever, though.  He slept in his own room until 8:30.

5 comments:

Chelsea said...

They go through such funny phases! The other day Lilly had a nightmare about a car making her "flat like a pancake." It was sad and hilarious at the same time.

Maryellen said...

This was an extremely entertaining post for me. You know what would have really, really scary? If it had been the exact same time every morning. Also, I agree that growling tree people would have been a little unsettling.

Krista said...

You should write a Spencer dream journal. It could be a hilarious read when he's a teenager!

Sarah Robbins said...

I love the artist's renderings. He will get the hang of it and you will be so glad you wrote it down for him one day.

Cat said...

I wonder what the dream experts would say.