Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

On Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises from his pumpkin patch and flies through the air with his bag of toys to all the children.

I used to work at Frank Elementary with Maryellen and Amy. After I left (when Spencer was born) Joni took my position and Lauren, Shireen and Brenda started working there too. Now Amy and Shireen have had babies so they left and then Joni left to do home health speech therapy. We're having monthly get togethers in an effort to still see each other on a regular basis. I hosted a pumpkin carving party today for the October gathering. We're all going to be at the same Halloween party in 2 weeks as well, so October has extra togetherness.

The day started with Joshua showing off his new pair of.....pumpkins! He's going to be the Alan character from The Hangover for Halloween. It's going to be awesome.

Jacob gave us a preview of his costume. Then he had a sip of daddy's beer 'cause that costume was dang hot. We all got down to pumpkin carving business. Shira (in the blue tank top) also came to today's festivities. She's a teacher in the same district as Frank Elementary.Maryellen

Shireen
Amy and Shira
And there's our pumpkin. Uncarved.
Because our carver was too busy snacking.
Amy
Maryellen
Finally. Michael got into the activity.
Amy helped Spencer


Lauren
Desmond and Jacob played in the ball pit while their mommies were creating pumpkin art
Ginger napped
Jacob got tired of the ball pit and cuddled with his daddy
Maryellen and I celebrated our 5th anniversary of knowing each other
The finished pumpkins

Our pumpkin has a happy face
Amy's is a dragon
Maryellen's has a sad face (according to Spencer)
Lauren's is a cat
Shira's is an entirely different type of cat
Joni's is a spider
Shireen's is......something. I forget. She came up with her own design and then something went wrong so it didn't look like what she wanted.
It was a successful carving party if I do say so.
Joshua flipped Spencer upside down and tickled him. Spencer tooted quite close to his face.
Desmond was the train conductor
Ginger napped some more
Shireen forgot what holiday we were celebrating
Lauren just posted this on facebook. I think this is the coolest pumpkin I have ever seen.
Our pumpkin is in the refrigerator. We're going to try to have it last until Halloween. I have a feeling we'll be carving a new one in 2 weeks.

By the way. We went to San Diego last week. I'll be blogging about that soon. Just as soon as I finish the 5 evaluation reports and 26 progress reports that I promised I would do over fall break.

5 comments:

chelsea said...

Oh my goodness that looks like such a fun party!!!

Maryellen said...

You took a lot of great pictures. I had a blast at your pumpkin carving fiesta. I knew I would. Thanks for sharing your awesomeness. :)

Jennifer said...

What a really fun idea for a party. All of the pumpkins turned out great.

I have to say . . . you are very brave to give Maryellen a knife. As a rule . . . we usually don't let her handle sharp objects! :)

Maryellen said...

Hey!!! I just saw my sister's comment and if she weren't right about what she said I'd be really P.O.d.

Lauren said...

AWESOME blog! I enjoyed reading it so much!!