Wednesday, July 29, 2009

List Wednesday

This is a continuation of my list from last Friday. You might say that I'm "piggybacking" on my previous list. (Giggle/Groan depending on your style of humor).

I love Sandra Boyton pigs. If real live pigs looked like her drawings I would never eat another piece of bacon for the rest of my life. And I love me some bacon. One of the perks of having a kid is that I can indulge myself in buying kid books and pass it off as a benefit to Spencer's future literacy.

There are a lot of Boyton books that we don't have, but I think I have bought everything with a pig. Here they are:

What's Wrong Little Pookie?

Spencer's current favorite Boynton book, and one of his faves in general. He asks for us to read "Kiki" at least 30 times a day.

Pookie and his mom. How great is a baby pig in overalls and a mama pig in an apron?

The Going to Bed Book

My second favorite Boyton book/Boyton pig. Michael read this to my tummy every night when I was pregnant. I just love a pig in pajamas. Pajama Time!

Again, Pigs + Pajamas = Funny. That's just basic Algebra 1. Bath Time!

A waterproof book of a pig taking a bath?! The only thing I like more than a pig in pajamas is a pig in the tub.


Moo Baa La La La.

Spencer's previous favorite. Classic Boyton pigs. Barnyard Dance

I like the idea of a pig and a duck strutting together. Seems hip.



Hester in the Wild

My all time favorite Boyton Pig is Hester. My aunt and uncle bought me this book for Christmas when I was three. It is no longer published and if you're lucky enough to find a copy it will run you between $40 and $180 (depending on quality). I know, because I looked. Spencer does not have access to this book. He doesn't even know it exists.

Look at how freakin' cute she is.

3 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Almost every one of those I could tell you the next line of the book! Love love love Boyton! If you don't have it, you gotta get The Belly Button Book. It's a fav around our house :)

Maryellen said...

You're right, a pig in the bath tub is really really cute.

Karen said...

We read the Going to Bed Book every night now and every time I wonder why they are going to exercise AFTER putting on pajamas :)