Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easter decorations and post Easter

My friend Cathy and her husband Mike are coming to visit us on Wednesday.  I've been slowly and steadily preparing for their visit for the past week.  Knowing that they were coming gave me extra motivation to take all of the Easter decorations down just one day after Easter. 

Ginger was not amused.  She rarely is. 
I took a few pictures before I moved everything and packed it up.  I never was pleased with the mantel this year.  I liked all of the pieces, just not the arrangement. 




This runner was new.  Can you believe I got it in the Dollar Spot at Target?


I always feel guilty and sad when I put stuffed animals in bins.  Do you think that's an example of anthropomorphising?
On Tuesday last week (the 18th) I had a Facebook memory that I took this picture five years ago.  I saw it at work and had to wait patiently all day to come home, 

So I could force them to recreate it.  Elliott was in to it.  Spencer was not. 

Side by side

Ginger was not amused. 
On Wednesday I was organizing the tablecloths, the dish towels, and my bake ware.  I was just delighted (sarcasm font) to discover this dead scorpion in my bundt pan. 

At least he was dead, but hello.  Why is my house under attack?

We ate dinner in the dining room that night.  Probably to get away from the dead scorpion in the kitchen. 

Ginger was not amused. 
I worked on Thursday.  I took this bottle of sparkling water to work with me and the bubbles were just amazing when I opened it.  They lasted for a long time too.  Long enough to decide to take a picture and get my camera out. 

Flash on. 

Flash off. 
I stopped at Lowe's on my way home and bought a large canvas tarp and a grommet kit for a little project involving the pool side gazebos.  I'll show pictures soon, but it's not done yet.  It's an attempt to replace the gazebo covers.

We can't even get them to last two years.  They start ripping within six months of putting them out there.
And the price has gone up again too.  To replace this one is $126, not including shipping.  And Amazon doesn't carry it. 
Ginger (who was not amused) was considering jumping in and sinking straight to the bottom.  Or maybe she was just thirsty.  I'm not sure. 

Michael almost killed this plant last year because he turned off the drip system and then forgot that he did ane he basically dehydrated it to death.  Luckily it has returned nice and healthy this spring.  Amazing what a little water will do. 

That's our bedroom window behind it. 
On the blogging agenda: Our "fun" and fun weekend, Spencer getting his braces off and being a tourist at home. 

No comments: