Saturday, May 30, 2015

Michael's 38th

Michael and I always have our birthdays on the same day of the week in a given year.  This year we are fortunate enough to have Saturday birthdays.

Michael mentioned that he was kind of, sort of, maybe in the mood for some fancy pastries for his birthday breakfast so, after we all slept until 8:45 am (LOVELY!), the kids and I loaded up and went to the bakery at AJ's.  

We also picked up a 5,000 calorie frappuccino for him. 




I had an almond croissant, which, if it wasn't for the sugar and carbs, I could eat every day of my life.

I also had 1/4 of a chocolate croissant.  I could eat one of these maybe every other day.

Then it was time for presents!  I like to put each little thing in its own bag so it looks like more.
This baby was unwrappable though.  Michael has been mentioning, for a long time now, that we should buy a flag to hang in the front of the house.  Now he no longer has to say we should.

Caramel filled chocolate bar.

BBQ chips

S'more Oreos

Doritos
Michael is stocked on junk food until his birthday next year.  

New shirt #1

Left over baby shower bag

New shirt #2

Christmas bag

New shirt #3.
There were also some khaki shorts, but I guess I didn't get a picture of them.

After presents Elliott and I went to run some errands and Michael hung up the new flag.
We spent a kind of lazy afternoon mostly at home although Elliott and I went to the mall for a while.  Then Michael picked Oregano's for dinner.  I mentioned it was his birthday so we got a free pizookie



And then finally, the kids went in the pool after we got back home.







3 comments:

Jeannette said...

I miss Oregano's so much. Nice choice, Michael!

We also just bought a flag because we had been saying forever that we should have one. Ours, however, is not up yet.

Those pastries look so much bigger on the plates than in the box. Crazy.

Looks like a great birthday!

Sherry said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate the man in the house. I love how you wrap up each little gift in its own package to make it feel like more. Hope Michael's 38th year of life continues on its awesome path! :-)

Cat said...

Happy Belated Michael. Um, can we please add that chocolate croissant to the list for 2016/17? I have not seen any anywhere since returning from Paris...