Thursday, July 3, 2014

Holiday accomplishment

Last August I was shopping at Kirklands when I saw this framed Halloween art. 
I instantly loved it.  But I refuse to pay full price for anything and I refuse to buy Halloween decorations when it's 112 degrees outside.  I like to wait until early October when it's only 102 degrees outside.
 
I was positive that it would be gone by the time October rolled around but I took a gamble and walked away.  I kept checking on it through September.  And then I kind of forgot about it.  Until the week before Halloween.  Then I was pleasantly surprised to find that they still had it in stock and it was 50% off.  Of course I bought it and I brought it home knowing just where to put it....in the little arched nook in the entryway by the front door. 
 
And thus began my quest to find a holiday themed piece of art for each of the major holidays to hang in the arched nook.  The 4th of July was the last holiday I needed, since I started at Halloween last year.  I was pretty successful too.  The only holiday I didn't find was New Year's Day because I didn't even look for that one.  I just printed some pinterest art and used sticky tack to display it on top of the framed print we had hanging in the nook.  I also succeded in breaking the glass in doing so.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to get new glass or just keep it broken to use for New Year's every year.  Time will tell.
 
Let's start the holiday tour!
 
Happy New Year! 

 
Happy Valentine's Day! 

 
Happy St. Patrick's Day! 

 
Happy Easter! 

 
Happy 4th of July! 

 
Happy Halloween! 

 
Happy Thanksgiving! 

 
Merry Christmas! 


3 comments:

Sherry said...

I am glad your OCD obsession was fulfilled here. It all looks great. I think my favorite was the New Year's because I really loved the gold decorations, but it was all holiday perfection!

Valerie said...

This really is perfect. Well done!!!!!

Cat said...

I love it!