Monday, November 18, 2013

Quick

1.
I was looking for a picture of this infant seat today (for totally unimportant reasons that would take too long to explain).  I knew we had some with a very tiny and brand new Elliott.
 
He was 3 days old in the first one and 4 days old in the second one.
 
These pictures make me want to simultaneously build a time machine so I can go back and squeeze him and vomit at the idea of ever having to care for another newborn. 

2.
It has been a while since I took pictures of my sleeping kids.  I took care of that on Friday night.
 
Spencer was rocking the underoos.  I added a privacy bubble for his sake.

3.
Elliott has been showing some signs that he has outgrown his highchair.  Sign #1 being, he doesn't want to sit in it anymore.  Spencer refused his highchair past 18 months, so Elliott lasted a lot longer.  We got the ol' high chair (2 words) out of the attic on Saturday.  He enjoyed a snack in it that afternoon and hasn't looked back.
4.
I love that I have a brunette and a blonde.  For one second I entertain thoughts of having a third boy who is a redhead and then I remember that I get sick to my stomach when I think about caring for a newborn.  Oh, and that we took surgical measures to prevent a third.  There is THAT little detail.
5.
Dressing them in the same outfit still hasn't lost its appeal.
6.
Elliott showing his left handedness.
7.
I left him outside so I could go to the bathroom.  When I returned he was sitting in my chair reading Entertainment Weekly.  I'm surprised he wasn't drinking my iced coffee.


8.
Ginger is a weirdo.

2 comments:

k and j said...

caring for a newborn is my fave! I feel like I can't screw them up when they are that little ha. it's the big, talking, thinking for themselves kids that give me a run for my money! and I have a lefty too ;)

Sherry said...

Awe, look how cute and sweet little Elliott was? If we only knew when we had such cute baby boys the second time around that they could turn into such crazy toddlers, huh? And who says he didn't drink your iced coffee and you just didn't catch him? Haha!