Monday, September 27, 2010

Renoir

Spencer turns to us during dinner and says, "I need to paint". It was soulful. It was coming from deep within his spirit. He needed to paint as much as he needed food and oxygen. What's a parent to do? We broke out the easel, brushes and washable paints of course.

He painted in Elmo underwear, as all classically trained artists do. It was intense.
He was also pretty into the body art yesterday.

P.S. When I thought of a title for this post, Renoir was the 1st artist that came to mind. What does that say about me?

P.P.S. Check out my new widget tickers on the side. I love a good countdown.

P.P.P.S. Spencer slept in his room again last night (until 5:20 when he joined me after Michael got up for work). He napped in his room today too. Wow.

9 comments:

k and j said...

okay....hilarious! and the countdowns?? wtf! haha. you are so funny natalie. just as i remember ;)

The GVZs said...

Huge news about the nap! You are brave for getting (washable) paints. We have the same easel, I think (IKEA, right?) but I am not brave enough to do paint yet. Looks like a ton of fun.

Laura said...

1. I LOVE that I have a special countdown and LOVE even more that we only have 4 days left!

2. I think that Pollack would be a better representation of Spencer's art. Abstract.

3. It is wonderful that Spencer is making up his own mind on where he sleeps - you have a young man on your hands. (weep weep, rub the eye)

4. Can't wait for wine, steak, movies and a drive up to Mt. Lemmon on Saturday (don't tell Michale about that last part).

Maryellen said...

I want to get back into the psyche of being a kid. Spencer isn't worried about all of the sounds and words he has to learn or about keeping up his grades so he can eventually get into a good college. He's only concerned about right now. That's it. I love it.

Michael said...

Laura- is Mt. Lemmon before or after you two cruise up and down Speedway in your minivan?

Anonymous said...

Very funny. Cracking up early this morning...always nice when up with a baby at the wee hours of the morning :-)

Kara

Laura said...

ha. ha. ha. Michael - I think that you think you are being fecicious, but in all actuality you speak truths. Speedway is waiting for us, just you wait and see!

Karen said...

Renoir huh? Interesting. The first artist I always think of is Picasso.

I am so impressed that Spencer is choosing to sleep in his own room in his own time. Awesome.

I am soooooo jealous of you and Laura's lady date this weekend.

We need to set a date for our Christmas party so you can add a countdown for that too.

Cat said...

Too cute and too bad your countdown doesn't do years, then you could count down 'til Feb. 2012. :)