Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My quick trip to Tucson

I was talking to my mom last week when she mentioned that the mother (Mary Ellen) of my dad's close friend (Steve) had passed away.  I thought about going to Tucson for the funeral for about 30 seconds and then decided not to.

Then, that same day I was talking to my mom, my friend Elisa gave birth to a beautiful 2-weeks post term baby boy.  We're not planning another trip to Tucson until July so I could either go right then or not until he was 6 weeks old to see him.

So, after work on Friday I came home, worked out, put a layer of top coat on the cabinets, made and ate dinner, packed my stuff and hit the road.  I got to my parent's house at 9:30 pm.  Mary Ellen's grandchildren were staying with my parents so when I got there we all spent a lot of time talking.  It was really nice to catch up with people that I've known my whole life.

On Saturday morning we got up early and went to the funeral.  Then my mom and I raced across town to meet this little pumpkin.

Introducing, Theo Finn!
I held him first and then my mom did.  He started fussing when my mom held him so we gave him back to his dad.  
Then we raced back across town to attend the luncheon for the funeral.

After that I went back to my parent's house to get my stuff.

I took pictures of the gravel that I gave my mom for mother's day.  See?  It was a totally functional gift.



And then, 15 hours after I arrived in Tucson, I left to drive back home.  I got home at 3:00, worked out, put another top coat on the cabinets and got ready to go out to dinner with two ladies I worked with 11 years ago.  Julie (in the grey shirt) was visiting from Utah and Anna lives like 4 miles away, we just never see each other.
We were at dinner for 3.5 hours.  I've seen each of them individually in the last 11 years, but it was the first time the three of us were together since May 2004.
I'm going to throw this in here too, just because I'm not going to write a whole post with just two pictures.

Lauren hosted our get-together for May on Sunday.  We went to her house, ate a bunch of delicious snacks and then learned about essential oils and made some stuff with essential oils.
This is my miniature bottle of lemon oil.  It's just about the cutest little bottle I have ever seen in my life.  It also looks like my purse is hanging off my hand, but  it was just the angle of the picture.  My purse was actually pretty far in the background.

3 comments:

Lana said...

There's nothing like a new baby! Glad you were able to make the trip. :)

Jeannette said...

That is the most non-new looking new baby I've ever seen! What a cutie!

Also a cutie? That teeny tiny bottle of oil. Seriously, are there like 6 drops in it?

Sherry said...

Wow, that baby does look to be a pretty good size! Definitely way ready to be born I am sure. It just gives me major anxiety attacks to hear of anyone going that far past their due dates. People just have no clue about the risks. Sigh. Great use of the gravel by your mom. I assume those are not real flowers...probably a good idea in Arizona, right? You definitely had a crazy weekend. I still think you should have been riding the elephant in that pictures. Hehe! I posted that comment on Facebook because of the picture I had just posted of the boys riding on the elephant at putt-putt. :-)