Thursday, September 5, 2013

My 34th Birthday, AKA, the day I ate 76,400 calories

So, before you read this post let me remind you that I have been doing the Whole 30 eating plan for 52 days.  I did it for the whole month of June, then took 2 weeks off and then have done it perfectly, with not a single cheat or slip-up since July 16th.  That means I have had NO grains, NO sugar/sweetener (real or artificial), NO dairy, NO potatoes, NO soy, NO beans and NO alcohol for 52 days.
 
I'm taking 4 days "off" and then starting again on Monday.  I'm thinking about doing it again for 45ish days then taking a break around Halloween and then doing it again until Thanksgiving.
 
So, with that in mind, let's hear about my sugar and calorie filled birthday.
 
Michael took today off from work, so he was home this morning.  He was so kind and went to Golden Donut to get me donuts,
AND Dunkin Donuts to get me an iced coffee.
 
My first sip of sugar (it was actually splenda) and cream in 52 days.
Now would be a good time to note that our camera FREAKED out yesterday and we could not get clear pictures no matter what.  Everything came out blurry.  I've messed around with the settings and hopefully fixed it, but some of today's pictures were just awful.

 
My favoite donut.  A vanilla cream filled.
 
Not gonna lie.
 
It was delicious.
 
Look at that baby.
Since I make my kids take pictures on their birthdays I thought I would subject myself to the same.
We got Elliott a croissant for breakfast.  I'm OK with eating 3 pounds of sugar, but I didn't want him to.  He still had a whole mouthful during picture taking time.

 
I went to work today and worked with kids all morning.  Then I took a nice lunch break and picked up this baby.

The chicken was awesome, but the fries were meh.  I actually found myself wanting some vegetables.  What?
 
I had more kids in the afternoon.  Then I came home and it was time for presents!
Elliott is in none of these pictures because he was practicing being a 2 year old and was busy having a fit.
I asked for 6 pound weights.  My 5 pound weights are too light but I am scared to move up to 8 pounds.  There are no 7 pound weights (at least there aren't at Target) so I will just have to suck it up once I move past 6.
 
I also got some new lounging, sleeping and exercising shorts.
And this beautiful necklace that I am insisting we return because it was seriously way too expensive and while I love and appreciate it, the fact is that we don't need to be spending our money on a pricey necklace for me.
 
Spencer made me an awesome card.  I like how it says Natalie and not mom. 
He explained that the squares are confetti and he put a heart sticker on my chest because he loves me.
 
Melt my heart.
After presents we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I got the Cajun Jambalaya Pasta.  I ate about 5 bites and was too full for any more. 
When we got home I posed with the countdown board whilst demonstrating the fashionable pocket in my new birthday dress.  Note how I have no make-up left and flat hair at the end of the day.
We brought dessert home with us to be enjoyed after the children went to bed.  I got S'mores cheesecake.  I didn't even come close to finishing it.  Maybe I'll have it for breakfast.
Michael got Kahlua Coffee Cheesecake.
Then we watched Love Actually.  'Cause that's how we like to roll. Christmas movies in September when it's 110 degrees.
 
Tomorrow my first born turns 6.  How did this happen?

4 comments:

Sherry said...

Okay, I did not do as well documenting our birthday! Sigh. Do you like the doughnuts better at the Golden Donut than Dunkin? I think Dunkin's are too cake-like. That's why I like Krispy Kreme better, and I was thinking Golden might be like KK. My favorite from there are the hot and fresh plain glazed (melt in your mouth good), but I also like the raspberry filled. I don't know what was up with that camera, but you looked beautiful in all the pictures. That dress was awesome although I wish for a full body pose so I can see the rest of it. :-) I kept scrolling down hoping for one. You totally deserve the pricey necklace, but I know how you feel. I hate when Eddie spends too much on my birthday present because I know we need to spend money on other things...and yes, he did that this year. Sigh. Tell Spencer he did a great job on his card for Mommy, but I can't believe he called you by your name. I will not allow Evan to do that although he does know my name. Ha! That sounds like a perfect end to our birthday festivities. Can't wait to see how you celebrate Spencer's birthday tomorrow!

k and j said...

What a great day! Happy birthday!

Jeannette said...

Soooo much to comment on!

I kinda like the blurry shots, they make the whole day seem dreamy and ethereal.

I'm so glad you got your vanilla filled donut. I remember how disappointed you were that they didn't have them the last time you "binged". Is it weird that I remember that? Probably.

Also, baby wants chicken fingers now, so you may have just cured my random onset morning sickness.

I love your card from Spencer. When Ellie wants to talk to me "seriously" (because that's what 3 year olds do, right?), she calls me Jeannette. It takes a lot of control to correct her and not just bust out laughing.

Finally, if there is any of that S'more cheesecake left tomorrow, I will be having a bite. You did say we were welcome to anything in your fridge.

I'm glad it was such a great birthday! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Cat said...

I am impressed! I could not do that diet. I am drinking skim milk as I read this. I like my dairy too much. It is organic though--blame Megan for that one.