Monday, September 16, 2013

21 Months

21 Months
 
Date
September 16, 2013
 
The official 21 month picture
So.  These are the golden shorts that I neglected to photograph when Elliott wore them for the golden party.  They're pretty cool.  They are also a 3T.  They are a little baggy and I have to roll the waist, but they are a 3T.  Let that sink in.
 
Elliott has an appointment with his hepatologist on Wednesday where we will get an official height and weight, but on our home scale he is 31 pounds.  He is wearing the same clothes that Spencer wore when he was 3.5 and 4 years old.  He's a solid chunk of boy.
He is also practicing his 2 year old skills.  He goes from calm, cool and collected to being court ordered to attend anger management classes in less than 2 seconds.  Some days are better than others, but every day brings some pretty unpredictable behavior.  I know that Spencer acted like this too (he actually started this behavior right at 12 or 13 months), but it has been so long that I have forgotten what it is like to live with a  moody maniac.  It's exhausting. 
Oh, here's some big news that I have been sitting on.  Elliott weaned himself.  It's been about 3 weeks.  He just stopped nursing one night and I could never get him to do it again.  And you just can't force somebody to nurse when they don't want to. 
 
So.  My breastfeeding days are done.  I nursed 2 kids a total of 44 months.  Not bad. 
Bedtime continues to be delightful.  It's been more than a month (maybe close to two) since we started putting him to bed awake after a few books and a little bit of rocking.  Some nights he is out within minutes, some nights he lays there talking to himself for an hour. 
Nap time is another story.  He is hit and miss.  He didn't nap at all on Saturday and today.  Yesterday....2.5 hours straight.  We refuse to let him get up when he doesn't nap though.  He lays there fussing for 2 hours.   
Elliott continues to screech and cry out in his sleep.  He doesn't wake up, but we do.  It is maddening.  
His language skills continue to be off the chart.  He uses like 4 or 5 new words a day. Today he pet Ginger and then said "nice".  Then the phone rang and he ran across the kitchen saying "ello, ello, ello". 
He's getting better at using a fork, but is terrible at using a spoon.  He'll hopefully be able to eat soup by the time he starts high school. 
And I think that is it for 21 months.  I did want to mention that I put his shorts on backwards and didn't notice until after I took all these pictures.  It's just a stupid little tidbit that I will somehow still remember in 32 years when I already cannot remember what I wore to work last week. 



 
This is when I realized the tag was in the front of the shorts.


3 comments:

k and j said...

He is totally darling! I'm in the two year old world with a girl and it's frightening!

Sherry said...

You're a champ, E, but you and Brody are going to drive your mommy and I to drink excessively with your raging two year old temper tantrums! Haha! I know that if you guys weren't so cute, we might kick you to the curb. Haha! Just kidding! :-)

Cat said...

Love the pics!