Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Pinetop

I did really good with new posts for a couple of days. Then I got hit with a double punch- we went out of town for the weekend and I got negative feedback in the form of NOT ENOUGH COMMENTS. Come on people. I don't do this for the comments, but a little love never hurt anyone. Make me feel better about myself.

Pinetop

A little background (that I've probably given before). Karen and I became friends in 5th grade. Chelsea joined us in 7th grade. Laura joined us in 9th grade. We were living in different states (and Karen was in Switzerland) for a long time, but now we're all back in AZ, all married and all with babies (Chelsea with 2). Over the summer we decided that for Labor Day weekend it would be fun to put 4 families in 1 house in Pinetop for 3 days.

This is what happened when that idea became reality.

We ate a lot of food.

The kids played outside in the cool temps.

Karen and Tyler dressed like twins.Josh toasted with corn on the cob. Chelsea made a delightful praline topped french toast casserole for my birthday breakfast. Laura and Sara dressed like twins.We took my family birthday picture (sans Ginger who is having a staycation in Tucson with my parents) in the forest.

Families had quality time.

Spencer wore his jammies.A lot.This little girl was CUTE. Friends laughed.We were together on my birthday for the 1st time in 12 years.

Cupcakes were prepared.

Big kids got to eat at the counter. Boys on the eve of their 3rd birthday were impressed by cupcakes. Cupcakes were enjoyed.By all the kids.
Presents were given and appreciated.Waffles were enjoyed on 3rd birthdays for breakfast.

Looooooooong car rides were tackled on the way home.

Oh my gosh it was fun. My stomach muscles still hurt from laughing so hard. We had a word of the weekend. We repeated it. A lot. I cannot type it here. It's bad. Really bad. I'll tell you in person if you're not my mom, dad, in-laws or related to me in any way by blood or marriage. Basically I'll tell Maryellen and Kara.

Lessons Learned:

Making a Duggar family size grocery list pays off in the end. We rocked that grocery shopping.


When the dads leave the moms to go play golf the children will start melting down by 5:10 pm and the moms will start melting down by 5:12 pm.

When the moms melt down the kids have to go to bed early.

When the kids go to bed early the adults have a lot more fun. And repeat the word of the weekend. A lot.


Do NOT go to see "The American" on your birthday or any other day. That movie is awful. Really terrible. I'd rather watch paint peel.


When you forget to bring Chelsea a pumpkin spice latte she will hold a grudge and she will not forget.

Karen gets annoyed by the overuse of the word "circa" in conversation. It is a word to be written, not spoken.

I have great friends. I have a great husband. I have a great kid. I'm a lucky girl.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! I'm sure the cooler weather was much appreciated. 67 was the high here in Reno today...I know you're jealous :-) Keep up the blogging...always entertaining...even for those of us that arn't big on writing comments :-)

Kara

Maryellen said...

That's a lovely weekend. I have an idea of what your word is. I think it's a dirty word.

Hey, if you don't hate me for RSVPing on here (see time-would be inappropriate to call) John and I would love to party with you on Sunday...if we're still invited.

:)

chelsea said...

So I'm observing in a teacher's classroom right now.
And, by "observing" I mean reading blogs.
Oh, and laughing. And then coughing to try to cover up my laugh. Trying to look serious. Then, more laughing.
Some notes:
-I may have made the french toast but you made the topping. It was DELISH.
-I missed the boat on not being twins with my kids. Will make up for it next time.
-I LOVE PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES. Just sayin'.
-Josh + corn = FUNNY.
-Cupcakes = GOOD.
-Pinetop = FUN.

Love you!!!

Megan said...

Sounds like so much fun. Maybe next time it should be 5 families...seeing as I was freinds with you since the 1st grade.

For the record I talk to you at least once a day so I often don't leave comments! But I do love the posts!

Kendra Forgacs said...

Looks like a great weekend! I keep waiting for Chelsea's post about it...and I wait and wait and wait. Oh, and you're right about the pumpkin spice latte.

Laura said...

hahahaha!!!!! I'm CRYING, you (insert word of weekend here)! I also have one thing to add (and I wish I had a picture of Bernie wearing an old time wig and a black robe)...
"Judgement was made on everyone's storytelling skills."

BTW - we're good with the pics of Sara. :)

Anonymous said...

the Duggars rule!
-Megan

Karen said...

I don't think I can blog about the weekend now (if I ever get around to it). Yours takes the cake. But where are the scanned pics of the last time we were all together on your birthday??

Michael said...

You're all a bunch of "word of the weekend!"

Jennifer said...

I have much to say - feel the need to number my comments.

1. Let me say that this was truly one of the funniest posts I have ever read! Seriously made me laugh out loud.

2. Guity as charged about the not leaving comments. However in my defense I would like to say that I have been very busy lately so I have been reading all of the blogs I follow on my phone and it is such a pain in the butt to leave comments using my phone. I promise that I ALWAYS read your posts and I promise to get better abut leaving comments. I think I am making up for it tonight.
3. Is it possible for me to become friends with Chelsea because I would really like it if someone made me a French Toast Casserole for my birthday?
4. I hope you had a great birthday!
5. Steve and I went to see The American and I thought the only worthy part was when we got to see George Clooney's butt!

Cat said...

Here's some love for you Natalie. I do enjoy reading your blog, but September is crazy so my comments may be a little lacking this month...