Monday, December 7, 2009

Keeping up with the Joneses

I guess these days you have to keep up with the Kardashians, but I couldn't pick them out of a line-up, so, I'll stick with the Joneses.

Michael did a wonderful job putting up our outdoor lights a few weeks ago. These pictures are awful. I don't know how to take good pictures of outdoor lights at night. Suggestions? It's much prettier in person.

We were the only house on the street with lights for a week. Then our next door neighbors put up their lights. Again, you can't really tell, but their house is SPECTACULAR. 2-stories, everything is outlined with lights, there are different colors. It's fabulous. They have a blow- up jazz band that actually plays music and an entire herd of reindeer. There is a nativity scene and a life-size animatronic Santa that nods its head and waves (and freaks Ginger out).BUT, they don't have a Santa windsock like we do. Yesterday was the 6th. Spencer is 2-years, 3-months old.

Here he's hamming it up, saying "CHEESE!" We knew we were going to crop the pictures, so we didn't make him wear matching pants. It's an interesting look. From the minute I saw this outfit at Target I knew it would be his 2009 Christmas outfit.
He's such a little man. No less than 2 minutes after we finished taking pictures.We were driving to Wal-Mart last night and Spencer was sitting in his car seat, looking out the window. Everytime we stopped at a light he would start naming the letters on street signs and stores. Is anyone else as impressed as me that my barely 2 year old knows almost all the letters and his fair share of numbers too?

4 comments:

The Yager Family said...

Ahhh he is such a handsome little man!
I have the same problem taking pictures of Christmas lights - there has to be a setting or something, right?

Karen said...

I for one am super impressed he knows all his letters. Also, does your camera have a nighttime setting? Mine does - it is the same place it has one for close-ups, an action one they call 'kids and pets' and then there's one with a moon or star or something that is for nighttime. The other thing you can try is changing the ISO speed to the slowest.

Maryellen said...

Spencer's Christmas outfit is awesome. Your windsock is super cool and I think your son is a toddler genius.

The Yager Family said...

PS I love that your blog is updating on my list now!