Thursday, December 3, 2009

The best kind of afternoon

It would be a lie to say that I LOVE every aspect of being a mama. Some parts of parenting and parenthood are unpleasant and some parts just downright suck (explosive diapers, anyone?). Afternoons like yesterday, though, are the reason I wanted to have children.

Spencer napped for 2 hours on his own (hallelujah!) and when he got up we turned on Christmas music and made cookies. Oatmeal cookies, because oatmeal is healthy, right?

What kind of mom would I be if I didn't let him lick the beaters?

I keep our butter in the freezer. Since this cookie making party was not planned in advance I needed to thaw the butter in the microwave. Spencer asked if it was cheese. I said, no, it was butter. Then, clear as day, he said butter. It is amazing to me the words that he is picking up these days. Words that I haven't even repeated to him 487 times in an attempt to get him to say them. Then I made him say butter 487 times because it was so cute. He was really proud of our work. Ahh, the fruits of our labor.

1 comment:

The Yager Family said...

OH what a fun afternoon! I'm jealous!