Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Eve of Christmas Eve

Hello friends and family and loyal blog readers!  I am glad that all five of you have decided to return for 2017. 

We've done the festive holiday thing.  We've done the exciting new year thing.  We've done the everybody in the house getting sick thing. We've done the return to work thing.  Now it's time to catch up on blogging the last two weeks and move on with January.  Because exciting stuff is happening this month.  

On Friday, December 24th we packed up all of our stuff and headed to Tucson. When I'm packing for more than two days I always hang my clothes on the frame of our canopy bed so I can organize.  I was laughing because my holiday wardrobe was so dreary looking.  Hardly any color at all. 
Once we got to Tucson we unpacked and got settled and then Laura, Sara and Samantha came over for dinner.  We were supposed to go to their house, but Josh wasn't feeling well so we adjusted. 


Ginger helped herself to the pizza boxes. 


Then we did a little gift exchange.  Kids to kids and adults to adults.  The adult gifts were gag gifts. 





Laura had pre warned me that Sam picked this gift and that it was really a gift for herself.   She gave it to us with the gift receipt.  



We got Josh and Laura chocolate with beef jerky in it and matching Grinch underwear. 



They got us Walking Dead glasses and a very naughty coloring book that can not be shown publicly.

And then Josh, feeling a bit better, came over for about 20 minutes. 

It was a great kick-off into the holiday weekend. 

No comments: