Sunday, January 31, 2016

Ten Days

There's nothing fancy about this post.  It's just a ho-hum summary of our lives from January 19 to the 29th.  Which is not to say that you should leave right now and not read, but, well, every post can't be fun filled and spectacular.

Tuesday the 19th was the day I made this beauty.  
Wednesday the 20th was the day Spencer got his braces.

The gremlins got a hold of the first "before" picture.

Before

During





After without the wires
After with the wires.  I am not joking when I say that we noticed a positive difference in his teeth within THREE days.
I worked on Thursday the 21st and Friday the 22nd. 

We got up on Saturday the 23rd and went out for breakfast.  I had been looking forward to it all week.  I love going out for breakfast and brunch.


Then we went to Lowe's and bought a new garage door opener and then to Target for various things.
We also stopped at some model homes that we had been curious about.  We are NOT looking to move, but I will never say no to walking through a good model home.


On Saturday night our next door neighbors invited us over for dinner.  Their son is a wrestling coach for West Virginia University and was in town with the team for a tournament.  Jo Ann hosted all of them for dinner.

I took all of these pictures from Facebook.




That's our roof in the background.



On Sunday the 24th Ginger was cute as usual.  At least once a day she winks at me.
I made banana bread and zucchini bread while the boys watched football.  We had gone grocery shopping earlier and Michael bought some chicken wings for the occasion.
I worked on Monday the 25th instead of Friday.  Do you see a theme that there is not much to talk about when I work?

On Tuesday the 26th Michael and Ginger had a glare off stare off.




On Wednesday the 27th Ginger was awkward.
We went to the Art and Science night at Spencer's school on Thursday the 28th.

This is his art.

And this is his science.


They had a magician doing an act in one of the classrooms.

And a wild animal expert in the cafeteria.


Friday the 29th was cowboy day in preschool.  Elliott was so excited to get dressed up.



During dinner that night Spencer was asking questions about the plot of Dickens' A Christmas Carol, so after dinner we let them watch the Mickey version on Youtube.  They also got bowls of ice cream, because sometimes parenting is hard on Friday night and we just give up.  I also blacked out all the sensitive material on the desk.   It was just easier than strategically editing certain information. 
Saturday was actually a fun and eventful day, so we'll get to that next time. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Poor Spencer! Those braces looked so painful. I hope they didn't hurt for too long. He will have his mama's perfect smile in no time! Don't you just love those perfectly staged home. I am a bit addicted to watching design shows just to see the perfectly finished product. Fixer Upper is a favorite. Obviously, you and Ginger have secrets you are not sharing with the rest of us! I think Ginger won the stare off, didn't she? Haha! Spencer's painting is really good. I think you have a budding artist on your hands. And Elliott is just the cutest cowboy. I think he may enjoy a cowboy birthday party in the future. Evan had one for his 5th birthday, and it was a really cute and fun theme. ;-)