Monday, August 3, 2015

Friday for the memories win

After such a poorly photographed week I kicked it into high gear on Friday.  I feel like I somewhat redeemed myself.

We always pick the kids clothes the night before they wear them as they are getting ready for bed.  It's so much easier to not have to think about it in the morning.  On Thursday night I picked Elliott's clothes and Michael picked Spencer's clothes.   I decided to change Elliott's outfit at the last minute when I saw Spencer dressed for the day. 

My two little baboons. 
When I first wrote this post I had these labeled as gorillas.  I caught it on the proof read after I posted.  Apparently I need to go to bed. 
Elliott had peanut butter and jelly on toast for lunch on Friday.  It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what was all over him when I saw this picture tonight.

Right around the time that Michael got home from work on Friday dark clouds started rolling into the valley and the wind started blowing hard.  We had about an hour of intense thunder and lightening and then, right after we finished dinner, it started raining.  Hard.  But there was still a lot of lightening, so we had to wait a little bit for that to end before we could go enjoy the rain.

This was the first decent storm we've had this monsoon season.  It was much appreciated.

The kids started out with their umbrellas. And just in case you were were wondering.  No, Elliott pretty much never wears clothes at home.






I like the gradual progression of Spencer shedding his clothes too.








I love the absolute joy on Spencer's face.
That is a perfect representation of an Arizona kid in the rain right there.  We always enjoy and appreciate our rain because it is such a rare thing.


Up next: My Fresh & Easy store is closing and I'm going to cry when it does.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Add this to your questions post one day: How often DOES it rain there? Guess I could look that up....

Jeannette said...

Haha, as I scrolled through the pictures I was thinking, "oh Arizona children!" and then you basically said it with that picture of Spencer. Love it!

Sherry said...

I love those baboon shirts. You know I have a thing for "monkeys," and I guess they qualify. Ha! So funny that you couldn't remember what was all over your child's face in the picture. That Elliott is a character for sure! I love the way you Arizonans love rain...and let your kids run around in it in their underwear. Maybe you and Michael do it to and just don't post the photographic evidence? ;-)