Wednesday, March 18, 2015

More 2015 spring break

Last Friday was my last day of work for 10 days. I decided to start my spring break with a shopping spree.  On my way home I stopped at Fresh & Easy, Sprouts and Fry's for all sorts of necessary and unnecessary food.  Then I went to the bank, then I went to Walmart, then to Anna's Linens because I decided that we needed a summer time comforter.  I love our comforter and still think it's beautiful, but it's too damn hot in the summer.

We bought this when we moved into this house.  I picked the paint colors in our room based on this comforter.

I had a 50% off coupon and found this light little number for a steal.
It came with a bed skirt but I can't think of anything more annoying than changing a bed skirt on a king size bed, so we kept the same one on.  I decided that if anybody says anything about it and how it doesn't really match, well, they just can't be my friend anymore.


It's already so much nicer to sleep with this since we're experiencing summer time temperatures in March.

On Friday night I made a pie for Pi day on 3.14. It's the first time I have ever participated in Pi day.

On Saturday Michael took the kids to a birthday party and I met up with Laura, who drove up from Tucson to spend the weekend with me.

In a very strange twist on normal life, Michael took pictures and I did not.




This is a recap of what Laura and I did on Saturday:
Met at Old Navy.  Bought clothes.
Went to The Gap.  Bought clothes (me) and shoes (Laura).
Went back to Old Navy.  More clothes for Laura.
Went to Starbucks.  Drank a lot of coffee.
Went to IKEA.  Ate a snack.  Went shopping.
Went to Total Wine for wine tasting.  Bought wine.
Came home.
Had a life altering, confessional-type heart to heart conversation.
Got ready.
Went to dinner.
Sat at the bar next to some pirates and had a drink.
Ate dinner.
Came home.
Sat in the living room and ate pie and talked.
Forgot to drink the wine we bought.
Went to bed.
Got up many hours later.
Went to breakfast.
Went to Target.
Laura left.

It was totally fantastic.

The original plan for Monday was that Spencer was going to art camp, Elliott was going to Dorothy's house and I was going to the movies by myself (or something like that.  I hadn't really decided yet).  Then the art camp got cancelled, but both kids still really wanted to go to Dorothy's house.

I dropped them off around 11:30 and then went to Bookman's where I bought this:
I love Emily Giffin books.  They can be finished in a night or two and they're just simply fun books to read.  I took my book to Starbucks where I sat in a nice chair, listened to music and read.  It was lovely and I told Michael I want to do it once a week from now on.  He rolled his eyes at me.

I picked up the kids a couple of hours later and took them to Dairy Queen for their free DQ birthday cone.
When Michael got home from work we walked to the park to do a photo session with Elliott for 3 years 3 months.

First he had to chase some ducks who were very lost because there is no water nearby.








The slide idea was mine and I'm pretty proud of it.


Official
Tuesday was St. Patrick's day.  We stayed home all day and were bums, except for when I made them participate in an intensive photo shoot.





Elliott got sent to bed at 7 pm for having a poor attitude and refusing to eat anything for dinner.  So Spencer and I had to do our green mustache photo shoot without him.



Today I took Spencer in for a free "drop off" art camp at the IDEA museum.  Elliott and I played all over the museum while Spencer was doing his art activities.

His favorite is the camping room.  We were in there when the whole building got put in lock down because there was a gunman loose in Mesa (right down the street from the museum actually) shooting multiple people in multiple locations.





After we were done at the museum I took the kids out for lunch and then to Sonic for slushies (them) and unsweetened ice tea (me).  We were driving home and were almost home when I noticed Elliott was being awfully quiet.  I looked back and was absolutely shocked to see this.  He hasn't slept in the car in probably two years.

But never fear.  Spencer was wide awake.  Because his motto from birth has always been "cars are never for sleeping".

4 comments:

Maryellen said...

I loved the recap. However, no details on the life altering confessional conversation or the pirates? Wha????

Jeannette said...

I can't tell you how much I love the last St. Patty's Day pic of you and Spencer. How did that pre-photo conversation go? "Ok, now one where we look like we're posing for mug shots"? ;)

Sherry said...

I love the new lighter, summer bedding. We have been using the same duvet cover for over two years now, and I am really growing tired of it. I picked the simple white cover so as not to detract from the fabric headboard, but now it is just too white. I am thinking of more gray now so it is still neutral but not so light. So I am leaning in the opposite darker direction. Haha! Now, I just have to find one that doesn't break the bank. 50% off would be nice! And no complaints here on the bed skirt. Our skirt did not get put back on after the move...gee, thanks Eddie! I guess it will remain skirtless for a while. And you always make me hungry posting pictures of the yummy food you make. Ha! And that girls' day out with Laura sounds PERFECT! Let's plan to do all that together when we meet! Did you slip in the sat at the bar next to pirates just to see who actually reads your blog closely? It sounds like something sneaky you would do. ;-) And I love the pictures of Elliott and you all for St. Patrick's Day! Great attire!

Cat said...

I have read 5 Emily Griffin books, but not that one. Need to check it out...did they catch the bad guy? Scary!