Thursday, October 16, 2014

Some down time, but not really

Tuesday was the last day of Fall break.  Elliott started a new Parks and Rec class in the morning.  Spencer came along.  After that we went to Target to get Spencer some new sunglasses.  We couldn't find any.  When I asked an employee she told me that children's sunglasses are a seasonal item and they only sell them when they sell bathing suits.  Um. OK.  That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.  We live in the VALLEY OF THE SUN.  Sunglasses are not a seasonal item here.  So we went to Walmart and bought 2 pairs.  Somewhere in there we also went to Hobby Lobby and bought some totally necessary items.

Then we went to this new place by us and got a treat.  Spencer got a mango snow fluff,

and Elliott got a mango smoothie.
After that we went to Home Goods for coffee and Sprouts so I could buy a Lara Bar (which is pretty much the only kind of "processed" food I can eat on Whole 30).

We ended our marathon at Costco where Spencer really wanted to buy the $65 horse that basically does nothing.
I made Jack O Lantern quesadillas for the kids for dinner that night.  They actually looked better before cooking them.
I took a bunch of outdoor pictures of our house on Wednesday because I was throwing around the idea of doing a Halloween decorations post yesterday.  But I never got pictures taken of the inside, so it will wait for another day.  Elliott and I went to story time at the library, to the Dollar Store and to Ross.  I'm hosting my ladies group get-together on Saturday and I was buying stuff for our fall craft.  It's going to be cute.  After Spencer got home we went to another Ross.  Then I randomly stopped and got the kids an ice cream cone.  Big mistake.  About 45 minutes later Elliott threw up all over me.  It was the first time he's puked in his life.  It was disgusting and unbloggable.  Although I think I did, once upon a time, blog about Spencer pooping all over a chair when he was 1.

My brother, Nick, came up to spend the night with us today.  Elliott, Nick and I went to, in this order, Hobby Lobby, Costco, Ace Hardware, Sprouts and Albertsons in the morning.  Then Elliott actually took a nap.  It was pretty glorious.  When Spencer got home from school he taught Uncle Nick how to play Mario on the Wii.

Then we went to the mall.  Elliott is 2 years 10 months old today.  We naturally did a photo shoot.








Official 
We had an awesome dinner with Nick tonight and tomorrow we're going out to breakfast.  Today and tomorrow are my "official" fall break days, so I am making the most of my time off.  Saturday is going to be a huge and busy day and then next week is going to be all sorts of insanity with Monica's wedding.   And then it's going to be Halloween, followed closely by Thanksgiving and then it's Christmas.  It's all happening!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love the jack-o-lantern quesodillas!

Sherry said...

Yum! That mango snow fluff sounds so yummy. And that Elliott just looks too cute with that huge mango smoothie. The jack-o-lantern quesadillas were too cute, Mrs. Martha Stewart! ;-) Ugh! We had a throwing up incident (or 5!) this week. After Brody got home from school on Monday, he walked right into the house and just projectile vomited all over the floor. I was frozen not knowing what to do since I could't just move him. I had to move quick to keep the dog out of it though. He apparently picked up some bug at school and continued to be sick and not eat for the next couple of days. I hope it is all gone now. Sigh. I am glad you got a fairly relaxing couple of days before the crazy holiday season starts. To tell you the truth, it didn't sound that relaxing to me though. :-)

Jeannette said...

I just realized I'm catching up backwards. Actually, that's a lie. I've been keeping up on reading, but it's mostly been on my phone and my phone hates commenting for some reason.
Anyway, what exactly is the "fluff" made of? Is it like a snow cone or gelato? Is it just me or does it look chocolately too?
I wonder if anyone thought Elliott was auditioning to be a baby model since you were doing a photo shoot in the mall.