Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Ancient history: part 1

My biggest apologies to all of my blog readers whose blogs I also read.  It has taken me 2+ weeks to recover from my trip back east.  One of the things that has been put on hold is my reading and commenting on other blogs.  I am very, very, incredibly behind.  But I am going to work on that.  Soon. 
In the meantime I am going to try to wrap up 3 weeks in 3 posts.  I am also going to try to get permission from my brother to write a post about him to put on Kelly's Korner.  Her singles day link-up is coming up.  I want to find a nice girl to make my sister-in-law.
So, let's get going!
I got back home on Monday night, August 4th.  I went to bed around midnight.  Then I was up at 6:30 am to get ready for work.  I worked all day and then I was happy to come home to finally spend some time with the people who call me mommy.
I gave them all of their souveniers.  The lobster pops were really popular.

After a very short reunion we had to rush off to Spencer's first aikido class.  I didn't get to see any of it because Elliott and I walked over to the library.
He wanted me to read this book.  Do you remember this book???  I loved it when I was a kid.
Finally on Wednesday the 6th I had a day to catch up on things.  July was not nice to our marigolds, so I pulled all of the dead ones.
And they were all dead, except one.
This one seemed to have some hearty DNA.
After Spencer got home from school I took both kids for haircuts.  Elliott has finally graduated from going to kid haircut places and this was the first time they got their haircut together.

Then it was back to aikido class. 

When we got home that night we took Spencer's 6 year-11 month pictures.

 I worked on Thursday and Friday so there are really no pictures from those days.  Well, there are, but they aren't blog worthy.
On Saturday I joined my girl's group for our August get-together.  We painted pottery and then went to lunch.
I made a cookie platter.

You'll have to wait for part 2 to see the finished product.

Then there was a very quick costume change and Michael and I, along with Monica and Rick, headed to Brendan's house for a pink flamingo pool party.

I had very, precious little downtime during that week.  It was a crazy, busy few days.  And actually, now that I think about it, it kind of continued the next week too.  We'll discuss further in part 2.


Valerie said...

How old is your brother??

Sherry said...

Hmmm, I have never heard of that book although you know I love rabbits and rabbit books (The Velveteen Rabbit was my favorite childhood story). I must see if I can find it on our next library trip. And yes, our sons' hair looks remarkably similar pre and post haircuts. ;-) Looks like you jumped right back into life after returning from your trip. I know it can be hard to start right back on schedule after being on vacation.