Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tiny Snippets

Michael and I take turns reading with Spencer before bed every night.  Last night I pulled out a Thomas book that we haven't read in years.  On a whim I handed it to him.  He read the entire thing as fluently as if he'd been reading for years.  There were two words he didn't know at first- slow and catch.  As soon as I told him he remembered them every time.   Looks like we have a reader.
I taught my 2nd Art Masterpiece lesson today.  It took me a solid hour to set everything up, an hour and 20 minutes to do the actual lesson with the kids and another solid hour to clean everything up.  I've looked ahead to the next 2 lessons and neither of them are nearly as time intensive.  Thank god.
My parents paid for all of my undergraduate tuition at the University of Arizona.  When I went to graduate school my grandparents paid for 2 semesters, my parents paid for 2 semesters and then I paid for my last 2 semesters.  To pay for my part I took out loans.  I made the very last payment for those loans on Monday.  The picture has nothing to do with student loans, but it is a speech therapist joke, which is what I became because of those loans.
I didn't really decorate for Valentine's Day last year.  We had moved in November and the minute we finished unpacking we decorated for Christmas.  Even by February I wasn't recovered enough to feel like hauling out bins and moving around knick-knacks.  But this year is a different story.  All of the Valentine's Day decorations are up and I will be doing a post about them shortly.
Spencer and I are going to see The Fresh Beat Band in concert tomorrow night.  We first heard about the show last January and have been waiting an entire year for this night!  It's going to be totally awesome!
 


1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice drawing. Fresh Beat Band rocks!