Wednesday, July 11, 2018

4th of July

I don't know what I was thinking when I planned on having out of town company, a party, and then leaving on vacation all within two days, but that's what happened last week. 

We got up on the 4th and immediately took flag suit pictures, lest I forget and cause them to be a week late.

I'll post all of the years of comparisons in a later post.


I made a special flag pastry for breakfast.  It was a total bust.

It started out fine, 

but got a bit jacked in the transfer to the serving platter. 
After breakfast it was time to get ready for the party.

I made a patriotic dessert, 

and patriotic sangria.

It was patriotic because of the apple stars. 

Cathy took our family 4th of July picture.  I still don't have a frame to put it in for this year. 

Soon after everyone arrived and we headed out to the pool. 













Then it was inside for dinner, where we realized that Spencer matched the plates perfectly. 


It was reminiscent of the time the same thing happened to me. 
After we ate, Shireen and her family went home, and Joni and her family went home, and Lauren joined us for fireworks.  

We drove to a location close to our local show so we could enjoy them without the crowds. 

We got there about an hour early so we filled the time with some pictures. 



Cathy bought an Old Navy flag shirt just for this occasion. 

Awe.  What a cute family. 


Lauren photo bombed Spencer because he had photo bombed us.



After the show it was back to home to pack for our trip the next day. 

No comments: