Thursday, June 14, 2018

The beginning of summer vacation

This post is a bit of a mish-mash.  I'm just trying to get caught up before blogging about our first mini-trip of the summer. 

So, this was Saturday the 2nd.  I had bought stroopwafles at Ross.  The box says "warm it up on your cup". 


I tried.  It didn't work.  The box is a liar. 

Spencer had had a sleep over on Thursday night and then another one on Saturday night, so we left the bed up in the family room in between.  Ginger was a fan. 

My friend Marva posted this thing on Facebook about having an M on your palm.  I checked.  I have one. 


This is what it's supposed to mean. 

The M on your palm

According to John Saint-Germain, author of “Karmic Palmistry: Explore Past Lives, Soul Mates & Karma,” an M on your non-dominant hand is rare and very telling, indeed. Here are some of the characteristics of someone with this special marking:
  • You’re good at writing, journalism or working in education
  • You’re excellent at making money
  • You thrive in careers that demand self-discipline and self-motivation
  • You are drawn to management positions
  • You possess leadership qualities
  • You can expect riches, fortune in life and great prospects
  • You have an uncanny ability to see through lies and deceit
  • You’ll know if someone is cheating or being less than honest
The M might appear on one or both hands, though typically it’s important to check the non-dominant hand first. Also, be aware that the lines aren’t fixed — they may appear or disappear over time.
             This is the decor I've had on the fireplace mantel in May and June.  I need to get into gear and get some patriotic summer stuff up, but I will be sad to say bye-bye to the toucans.

I caught Michael taking a paper out of the recycle to read it.  It's like he thinks he's my dad. 


Spencer's friend came over around 3 on Saturday.  The boys all went in the pool after dinner. 

I took the opportunity to capture the gorgeous yellow flowers in our yard. 







I went in the pool too, but only lasted 2 minutes. 


Spencer and his friend building the computer my uncle gave him for his confirmation. 
I made pancakes for breakfast on Sunday the 3rd.  I poured this one, it cooked a bit, then I scraped all the rest of the batter on top.  It was a bit of pancake inception. 
Joni sent me this bracelet because I reached a certain level in Rodan+Fields.  I thought the little dangly N would drive me crazy, but surprisingly it doesn't.  I wore it on Monday the 4th. 

I worked that day.  It was the first day that my car was on fire when I left work. 
The kids started swim lessons and swim team that night.  Michael took Elliott to lessons.  I took Spencer to team. 

There are new swim team coaches this year. 

I baked a bunch of cookies to take to Flagstaff on Tuesday the 5th.

Oatmeal with almonds, apricots, and orange peel.  Oh, and white chocolate chips. 

Chocolate chip.  I let the dough rest for something insane like 48 hours before baking it. 

I packed for Flagstaff that night. When we bought this canopy bed I never thought I would use it as a clothing rack.  It's so handy though. 

This is the bare minimum number of shoes for a four day trip. 

And finally, my nails for Flagstaff. 

Up next.  Can you guess?  Yes, it's the trip to Flagstaff. 


No comments: