Monday, May 14, 2018

Teacher appreciation week

Chugging right along in the timeline.  We've made it to May 5th.  Cinco de Mayo.  There were no Mexican themed celebrations for us, but we did get the kids huge donuts that morning.

They ate them for, like, four days, and then we threw away the rest.  Or maybe Michael ate the rest. 




I remember nothing about Sunday the 6th.  Seriously.  Not a single detail.  How is that possible?  It was just a week ago.

I did take this picture of Ginger, 

And Spencer's 10 year 8 months pictures


Either the top or the bottom will be official.  I'll let Spencer pick.  
I had a lovely day at home on Monday the 7th.  The kids were finally back in school after being out seven days for teacher walk-outs (you go teachers!) and I got a bunch of projects around the house done. 

I picked the kids up from school that afternoon, we went to light therapy at the dermatologist, and then we went to the grocery store.  It was 106 degrees that afternoon and by the time we got home we were all DONE with each other. 

I sent both kids to their rooms and I sent myself to my room. 

When I came out Elliott had built a magical barrier around his door.  Nobody was allowed to cross it.  Well, nobody except me, which is weird because I had sent him away from me. 


Once we liked each other again Elliott and I took some selfies. Some silly selfies. 









We went out to dinner at Chompies on Tuesday night.  The cookie spread was impressive. 


As was the dessert case. 

New sunglasses to wear to work on Wednesday the 9th.  I didn't actually drive in them. 
I was delayed in putting together teacher appreciation gifts this year, so we didn't send anything in until Wednesday. 

On Wednesday we did bottles of Starbucks coffee with a tag that said "thanks a latte". 


On Thursday we did packages of pens with this exact note,

and on Friday we sent Target gift cards attached to hilarious and adorable printables.



The rest of Friday will be a separate post, because it was a doozy. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I am stealing some of these ideas. I totally did nothing for teacher appreciation week so I have to do something special for end of year teacher gifts next week. Yikes! Oh and again, you are wearing a pretty floral blouse/shirt or dress in that picture that I just love! :-)