Tuesday, April 3, 2018

To Tucson for Easter

We drove down to Tucson on Friday afternoon.  My cousin, Austin, was in town for a few days with his wife, Julee, and their kids, Zoe, Isaac and Avery.  The last time we saw Austin and Julee was on Thanksgiving day in 2010 when Zoe was a baby.  They have never met Elliott and we have never met Isaac and Avery.  It was great that they were able to spend about an hour with us on Friday afternoon. 

The kids all got along great, except for the part where Spencer and Elliott decided they were cage fighters and Michael walked in on them ripping each other apart.  Horrified is the only reaction. 

Spencer- 10, Zoe- almost 8, Elliott- 6, Isaac- 5, Avery- 3. 


Silly faces

With parents
After the cage fighting without the cage incident Michael and I needed to get out for a bit.  We went to happy hour with my dad and uncle. 

On Saturday morning we used the instant pot (that we drove to Tucson from our house) to hard boil eggs.  Two of them cracked open during the cooking.  Check this out!  A little lima bean yolk cooked through the crack. 

We dyed Easter eggs. 





We (and by "we" I mean, entirely me) made the annual Bunny cake. 


And we made twinkie and peeps racers. 
Michael and the kids went to his parent's house that evening.  My mom and I drank pina coladas out on the patio. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

My Mom did NOT make a bunny cake this year. Instead she made a cake with peep bunnies on it. Someday, maybe I'll remember to post a pic of it.