Monday, April 16, 2018

Hair cuts and bargain shopping

The last couple of times the kids got their hair cut, the cuts were horrible.  We've been taking them to Great Clips for years, but after the previous four or five times I said absolutely no more.  I found an actual barber shop that charges about $5 more than Great Clips and Michael took both kids on Sunday the 8th.

Let me tell you, it was worth every penny.  Spencer now wishes he had gone a little shorter on the sides, but he was still happy because they really did do exactly what he asked for.



We went to a birthday party for Tabby, who is Spencer's friend Julian's little sister, that afternoon. It was a My Little Pony theme.  I wish I had gotten a picture of the stuffed animal pony we got her. I was a little jealous. 
The kids ate at the party, but I didn't because I was planning on making instant pot beef stew that night.  It was marvelous. 

It smelled so good while it was cooking.  Even Ginger noticed. 
I made avocado chocolate pudding on Monday the 9th.  It was delicious.  It made six servings, but I might have eaten it in four servings. 



I finally got some pictures of the pink blooms on our neighbor's prickly pear on Tuesday the 10th.  

90% of the cactus has yellow blooms. but these couple of paddles are pink. 


That night I went to the mall.  I popped into H&M to look for shorts for the kids.  I ended up buying matching sweaters, which is funny because the high that day broke 100 degrees. 

The price tag says $5, but they were $3.50 each. 
I also got a pair of pink shoes that are the same type as the grey ones I bought with Megan the week before.   I'm telling you, these are the most comfortable sandals I've ever owned.  I wish they made them in black.  

Up next:  Easter 2018 decorations.  Here's a sneak peek. 

No comments: