Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A solo trip to California

The whole family was supposed to go to California over President's Day weekend.   My friend Jeannette was visiting her parents in Palm Springs and my friend Megan lives right next to Palm Springs, so we were going to do a whole "thing" together.  Then Spencer came home from school with his eczema flaring on Thursday, and Elliott had a runny nose on Friday and Michael, who had been sick for two weeks, still wasn't feeling better, so we decided they would all stay home and just I would go. 

I drove over on Saturday morning/afternoon.  On the way there I got a call from the police because they had received a 911 call from inside our house.  The whole thing turned out to be fake and we were the victims of swatting.  

This was my face while talking to them as we figured the whole thing out. It's been way too long since it happened for me to blog all the details, but it's a shocking story so call me if you want to know. 
I went and picked up Jeannette as her parent's house when I got into town.  Then we met up with Megan at the hotel we got for the night.  First things first, we got the matching nightgowns ready.  Megan also brought a Care Bear that may or may not have belonged to me as a kid.  

Getting ready to go out
Megan's daughter Hadley colored pictures for me and for Jeannette, which is awesome because she's never met Jeannette.


Ready for shenanigans

At dinner

I asked a lady to take our picture after dinner.  This is what we got. 

Better, but still really glowy and back lit. 

There was a pig sculpture.  We had to take our picture with that!
Back at the hotel we had the clerk open our bottle of wine because we had forgotten our cork screw.  He used his own personal cork screw that he brought to work with him.  That is service!


In the room shenanigans

Dessert

The next day, Sunday, we went to brunch and went shopping (at Target, nothing fancy) and then Jeannette left.  Megan and I had a busy day of which I took no pictures, including the fabulous dinner we went to. 

Back at Megan's house we had a girls night with her girls including face masks that made us look frightening. 
On Monday Megan and I went out to brunch again.  We had to wait a while so we browsed around in Pottery Barn.  If you can't read it, this is called the Elliot chair. 


We got a free pop tart for having to wait. 


Megan's beautiful tea latte.

My beautiful benedicts.

And my glorious side of bacon. 
After brunch I packed up and made my way back to AZ.  I met Spencer at the ER where we wasted $200 having the doctor tell us he was no having an asthma attack when it was totally an asthma attack. 

Boo for the ER

Yay for not being admitted, although he totally should have been admitted. 



1 comment:

Cat said...

Looks like a fun weekend aside from the 9-1-1 and the ER.