Sunday, February 11, 2018

A fail to start the week

Several weeks ago Elliott brought home paperwork for a Monday field trip to see the ballet at the Herberger Theater.  Neither of my kids have ever had a field trip on a day I wasn't working so I jumped at the opportunity to chaperone.  I got to school at 10:00 am last Monday, the 5th, expecting to board the buses and leave at 10:30.  Well, turns out I was wrong on the time.  Very, very, wrong.  I should have been there at 9:00 am for the buses to leave at 9:30, so everyone was wrong and I was left sitting in my car crying while another mom who was on the field trip sent me a message telling me Elliott was awfully worried that I was missing.  So, I drove to downtown Phoenix, parked in a close by parking garage and ran down the street to meet them.  I missed the part where they had all the kids go up on stage with the dancers, but I did get to see the whole ballet part.  I just wasn't allowed to take pictures during it.

Once the ballet part was over they had a band come out. 

I was able to move closer and sit next to Elliott once they started playing. 
The guy playing the bass is Marcus.  He also plays with our friend Blaine, so I sent Blaine this picture and told him Marcus was cheating on his band.  Then Blaine sent the picture to Marcus and Marcus was all freaked out thinking Blaine was there at the theater. 



They brought some of the dancers back out to dance with the band. 


After the theater they took all of the kids to the park to eat lunch. 



We were finally able to get a picture together. 

I had to be able to show of the perfect shirt I wore to the ballet. 

Not pictured: my sparkly pink shoes. 

One of my co-workers gave me this little Valentine Piggy on Tuesday the 6th. 
He went perfectly with everything I was wearing that day:

heart earrings

heart purse

heart shirt

Elliott and I had some cuddles when I got home from work. 

And we took Spencer's 10 year-5 month pictures that evening.  We did them on top of his new loft bed. 



On Wednesday the 7th the curtain I ordered to hang at the end of the loft bed was delivered. 


We also got the wall shelves hung back up. 
On Thursday the 8th I remembered to take a picture of what Spencer looks like leaving for school every morning. 

I will remind of him of this someday.  Probably when he's in his 30's. 
Our weekend plans got changed completely so my next post won't be as lively as I had hoped, but there is still fun to be had. 

No comments: