Monday, February 12, 2018

A change of plans

We were supposed to get together for a Christmas Party with Laura and her family and Chelsea and her family on December 23rd.  It was cancelled because Laura was sick, Spencer was sick and I was sick. We rescheduled for January.  January was cancelled because Laura's girls, Sara and Samantha, were sick.  We rescheduled for this past Saturday, February 10th.  It was cancelled because Michael was sick.  So, instead of driving to Tucson on Friday night for the Saturday party, we stayed at home and watched the opening ceremonies for the Olympics.  We got Costco pizza because it was National Pizza Day.  

This is the only picture I took all day
Since we didn't go to Tucson we had an unexpected Saturday at home.  

I organized the pantry, focusing mostly on the Penzeys. 
Ginger took a nice nap that I interrupted. 

So peaceful.

Ah, this is the life.

What mama?  Why you wake me up?

Well, I can't relax now. 

A new bed might help.  Yes.  It works. 
We had gone to IKEA on Friday afternoon and despite my telling him to not run around, Elliott was running around and smacked his face on a box. 

The resulting wound. 
This is why we went to IKEA....to get this shelf to hang behind the washer and dryer.  Michael hung it up while I was out running errands.

I ran some errands on Saturday.  One of them was to Target.  I'm pretty sure I never mentioned anything about this on the blog, but I have a New Year's resolution to buy no new shirts and dresses until June.  As soon as I made it I modified it to allow me to buy one of each as soon as I lost ten pounds.  Well, as of Saturday I had lost eleven pounds, so I happily purchased a shirt I've been eyeing at Target. I ordered the dress from Old Navy.  The total for both was $25.  The point of the resolution is more to just curtail buying stuff I don't need and less about saving money, but the low cost does make it better.
We watched the Olympics on Saturday night.  Elliott got bored and started playing with legos. He built this huge tower and wanted me to take his picture, but for some reason he hugged it and knocked it over just as I took it. 

The new tower.


I wish they could play like this all the time. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

I'm curious about this Penzey's place you often mention...