Friday, January 5, 2018

My dad's party

My dad and my uncle used to throw epic New Years Eve parties when they were in college.  Then they grew up and left home and got married and had kids and the parties stopped.  Until probably 15 to 20ish years ago when they decided to start throwing them again.  Except they are now "holiday" parties.  And they no longer start at 10:00 pm and run until the next morning.  In fact, this year's party started at 3:00 pm, and we've been joking about making it a brunch affair in the future.

The big day was December 30th.  My mom's sweater wasn't drying fast enough so she stuck it in the tree.  There were several other sweaters in the tree too and I was hoping she would forget about them so everyone at the party could be puzzled by the decor. 
One of their guests always brings an amazing spread of baked goods.  It took me a solid ten minutes to break into and unwrap this thing. 

It was worth it. 

Desserts

Food table



I considered just picking up the whole thing and sitting down at the kitchen table with it. 
This was the 4th year that I got a picture of my parents with every guest.  I promised them I would put them in an album for next year.  My dad was wearing the same shirt two years in a row, so that will be fun.  One of their frequent guests wore the same shirt three out of four years, so that will be fun too.  Especially if she wears it next year so she can look at the album while wearing the shirt and see herself in the shirt in 2014, 2015 and 2017. 

And now, enjoy a bunch of pictures of people you don't know and I don't know either despite seeing them every year. 

Or, just scroll all the way to the bottom.  The last three pictures are the best, with the last one being the grand prize winner of them all. 


























No comments: