Sunday, January 7, 2018

Bye 2017 Hello 2018

On Sunday the 31st I decided we needed to go to the party store to get some New Year's decorations and hats because I had forgotten to bring any of our stuff with us from home. 

Spencer, Michael, and I went and had a successful trip if you don't count the car that almost t-boned and killed us.

After the shopping trip Elliott went with my parents to see Coco and Michael, Spencer and I went to see the new Jumanji.  

On our way home from the movies we stopped and picked up Lucky Wishbone for dinner (Lucky Wishbone is a local fried chicken place).  Since about 2006 Michael and I have been eating BBQ for dinner on New Year's Eve. We decided it was no longer working for good luck though, so we're switching to fried chicken and steakfingers.  We'll see how 2018 goes with our new menu choice. 

After dinner we took pictures and then watched the festivities on tv. 






On Monday the 1st I sent Michael to Dunkin Donuts to pick up our customary New Years donuts.  I had called ahead to make sure they were going to be offering them this year and had been assured they would.  When Michael got there they treated him like he was crazy because they had no 2018 donuts and no plans to have any.

So, they made him a special, sloppy custom order. 


Yearly pictures.  I might have enough years to make a collage.




My dad was working on the gas line for their new oven, so he didn't participate.  I can't remember where my mom and Paula were. 

Later that day we went to Nick's for pork and sauerkraut, which is what Polish people eat for good luck on New Years day.




My dad was a photo bomber


Elliott got an art kit for Christmas and was busy churning out pictures. 


The spread


I brought over decorations
 


The ornament I made Nick.  I'm going to make him a better one for next year. Maybe if I start now I can be successful. 

The Bob Ross calendar I gave him. 







My uncle took his wine glass charm and put it on a beer bottle.  He was very proud. 


Somebody knocked over a wise man and ruined Christmas. 


Nick did a New Year Blessing of his house. 





After the party we took down all of Nick's outside lights.  Then I went over to my uncle's house and helped him get on Facebook.  We took and sent a selfie to one of his new FB friends. 
And then after that Michael and I met Nick and Raquel for dessert at a fancy restaurant and then went to Nick's house for one more drink (or, like three more drinks) since he was leaving for sea on the 3rd. 


I had no idea Nick was ruining this picture. 

Brothers-in-law


Brothers-in-law antics. 


Welcome to 2018! 

No comments: