Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Lights, Bob, and javelinas

The day after Thanksgiving Nick and Raquel came over after breakfast and they, Michael, and I went up on the roof to put my parent's lights up.  It was literally hot as hell.  Day after Thanksgiving, putting up Christmas lights, and we were on fire.  I think the high temperature on Thanksgiving and the day after was 90 degrees. 


My dad came up to help us with logistics, which was funny since the whole point of us doing it was to keep him off the roof. 


I caught Michael in this hilarious position.

And then we made him do yoga for the risk and humor factor. 
After we were done with the lights we headed over to Nick's house to finally hold the Bob Ross viewing marathon. 

The first picture was back lit and was awful. 

Much better.
Nick bought stroopwafels (a waffle made from two thin layers of baked dough with a caramel-like syrup filling in the middle) in Amsterdam and then forgot to serve them on Thanksgiving, so we broke them out.  And any decent Bob Ross marathan calls for champagne. 

Nick was pissed when I told him I've seen the exact same stroopwafels at Home Goods. 

Oh Bob Ross.

There were some cocktails too. 


Spencer took this. 


The kids ate lunch midway through the marathon. 

After the marathon we went back to my parent's house.  Michael and I were heading to happy hour with my dad.  Elliott was invited to take a walk with Patsy (my mom's cousin's wife) and her two dogs and Ginger.  She's a really brave woman. 


I think Elliott holding the leash lasted 30 seconds and then Patsy had all three dogs.

Meanwhile, at happy hour. 
That night Michael and I went to see The Justice League after the kids went to bed.  We got home just after midnight to find two HUGE javelinas feasting on the garbage in my parent's driveway.  See the garbage can they knocked over? 
One javelina took off into the side yard as soon as we pulled in, but this bad boy didn't care at all.  Javelinas can be really vicious, especially in a pack, and since we didn't know where the rest of the pack was, we called my dad inside and asked him to come save us.  He came out with a shovel and started hitting the driveway with it, but still, this boy didn't care.  He just kept eating.  After much yelling and hitting of the shovel on the concrete we finally got him to run over to the side yard on the other side from his buddy (who was still hiding in the bushes). 



I zoomed and lightened so you could see him better. 
We picked up all of the trash and then moved the can into the backyard.  Then we needed to go back out to the car about 30 minutes later.  Yep.  They were back looking for their feast.  Jeez.  Give it up javelinas.  Go home.   We've had enough of you and your attitude. 

No comments: