Saturday, December 30, 2017

Christmas Day

Christmas Day can be summed up in one word.  Sick.

Everybody slept in until between 8 and 9.  And then we got up only because we felt like we had to get started or we would run out of time. 

My mom made non-boozy eggnog.

The kids were so patient.  Probably because they were all sick.

Bella had Grandpa read her a story.




And then, presents. 






Elliott got Michael this cheap plastic cup at the Holiday Shoppe at school.  He was so proud of it. 











After presents we ate breakfast, organized gifts, and then got ready to go to my uncle's house.

My friend Jeannette sent me snowy pictures of Michigan, so I took and sent her pictures of our backyard scenery. 


My uncle's tree. 
After dinner at my uncle's house we went to Nick's house for dessert. 

We flamed the plum pudding from Christmas Eve that we never ate. 




Nick made creme brulee, 

And a buche de noel. 
It had chestnut cream filling and real chocolate buttercream frosting.  Like, the old fashioned cooked kind.  Nick said it took him three hours to make. 


Elliott and Max, dressed suspiciously similarly, were being goofs. 


Nathan, Kendra and Bella were leaving fairly early on the 26th, so after Nick's house I wanted to take a new comparison photo of this one from two years ago. 

We were both sick, and we both look sick, but it was still good. 

We'll try again in 2019. 

No comments: