Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A slow holiday week

The week of December 4th was surprisingly and thankfully pretty slow.  I worked my normal Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday and did't have lots to do on Monday and Friday, so I felt like it was a good catch up week.  It'll probably be mid-January before I feel that again.

On Monday the 4th I enjoyed all of the Santas on top of the black shelves.  I've been working on this collection for a while and think it's pretty much done. 

I went to Costco that afternoon and brought home soup and champagne for dinner.  Great combo. 
Tuesday the 5th was the day I went into labor with Elliott.  Here we are six years later.  He's almost as big as me. 
Michael took the kids for a walk that night while I made dinner.  It was probably the first time since last winter that it was actually cold, so they were bundled up.

This was all Elliott's idea. 

Spencer was not thrilled.  He would have preferred a tank top and shorts. 
Spencer organized his shoes that night because the rule is that he has to keep his shoes in this box and he had slacked to the point that he was just piling them on top. 
Elliott wanted to wear his fox ear muffs to school on Wednesday the 6th. He had a whole woodland animal theme going on, actually. 


We took Spencer's 10 year- 3 months pictures. 


Official
The official pictures is in our neighbor's front yard. I took this walking back into our house.  Our outside decorations are winning this year. 
Apparently Thursday the 7th was a really slow day, because I have nothing to show for it. 

Friday the 8th Elliott wore his fox hat to school. 
And I made a gourmet dinner with about 8 different Penzey's spices for dinner.  It looked so festive on our Christmas plates on a Christmas place mat on a Christmas tablecloth. 
And honestly, that is it.  Slow week.  The weekend brought all sorts of festivities though, so that post will be much more fun.  Before that I will be doing a Winston Watch post.  He's been up to a lot of fun this year. 

No comments: