Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Overnight trip to Prescott

Back in July or August the kids said they would like to go to another corn maze this year.  The last time we did a corn maze (in 2015) it was 100+ degrees and we got lost in there and I felt like we were going to die.  So, being the resourceful person I am I started looking into corn mazes and pumpkin patches that would be cooler.  We settled on Mortimer Farms in Dewey, which is like 15 miles from Prescott.  Prescott is about a 90 minute drive north of the valley, so we decided to make it an overnight trip instead of driving for three hours in a day.  

We saw this motorcycle at a rest area on the way there. I was not the only person to take a picture.  She was a media sensation!
As soon as we got to Prescott we went on a short hike.  We were supposed to hike to a lake, but we took the wrong path and hiked to, well, not a lake.

It was still pretty, and the weather was perfect.  Not hot and not cold. 


Spencer was not happy that I made him wear pants. 









We ended up driving to the lake we were supposed to hike to.   Lynx Lake, I believe.

I thought myself to be a nature photographer. 







Had I seen Spencer's face when I took the picture I would have made him do it again. 




After the hike we went and checked into the hotel.  We had a lovely patio with a lovely view. 

We were there for less than five minutes before the kids stripped down to their undies. 
As soon as the sun went down it was legitimately cold outside so we "bundled" up and headed to dinner.

A failed selfie first. 

These were still at the hotel. 



We went to a brewery in downtown Prescott. 

I had a beer.  I shocked even myself. 
Back at the hotel after dinner we went into the hot tub and the heated pool for an hour.  Then the kids went to bed and Michael and I took a little treat out to the lobby.  We could see our door from our seats, so it was fine.  We had hoped to sit by the fireplace on the cushy couches but they were occupied by people that may or may not have sat there all night (because they were still there during breakfast the next day). 

Pumpkin patch and corn maze tomorrow. 

No comments: