Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Halloween Dance and Party

I'm feeling rather icky that it's November 7th and I'm still blogging about Halloween.  And, actually, I haven't even made it to Halloween day yet. So, let's blast through this. 

The kids had a family Halloween festival/dance at their school on Friday the 27th.  Then we went to the yearly Halloween party at Shireen and Joseph's on Saturday the 28th.  In between those two events (so, 8 pm on Friday and 5 pm on Saturday) I drove to Tucson, went out for drinks with Nick, Raquel and Megan, slept at my parents house, went out to breakfast, went to a funeral, went to Nick's house, went to the reception after the funeral. and then drove home. 

We decided to take our family costume picture on Friday night because I wasn't sure I would make it home in time on Saturday.

I had to make sure the lighting would work. 

Family costume 2017- Bacon, hot dog, burger and donut.  
We are "what not to eat" or "the junk food junkies".


At the school 


Elliott didn't want to participate in the costume contest for his grade, but Spencer did for his. 

Then, a proud moment, we won for best family costume.  We got a $25 gift card to Amazon. 
I left from the school earlier than Michael and the kids and drove to Tucson.  I got stuck in a horrible traffic jam on the way there.  I barely made it for the reservation Nick made at a speakeasy.  There are no pictures of the evening though. 

My parents had spent almost a month in Florida by the time I was there so they had no food in their house. I decided to go out to eat by myself before the funeral.  Then I ran into the parents of the little boy (who is now a 28 year old man) I used to baby-sit and had a lovely breakfast with them.  
I
I used to house sit/dog sit for them too.  I seriously spent a lot of time at their house from age 15 to age 21. 
After breakfast I went to the funeral, them went to Nick's house, then went to the reception and then drove home.  I did make it home in time for all of us to go to the party together. 

Michael did a fantastic job making these vampire cookies to bring. 

Here's a closer look from before we got to the party. 

And I did a decent job "fixing" a store bought cake I bought.  It had been covered in those sickly sweet strawberries in glaze, but I scraped all of that off and filled it with marshmallows and candy. 

Pictures from the party
The light here did all sorts of weird things to my right leg.  My thigh looks like a big bulging ball.  I laughed so hard I cried when I first saw it. 









Spencer was one of three kids to win the child's costume competition. 

No particular order, they were all just "winners". 

The winner of the adult competition. 



Another great party.  Done.  
I wonder if the kids can be talked into a family theme for one more year or if we're done.  


2017 



2 comments:

Michael said...

Ah, so sweet on the cookie recognition.

Cat said...

Love the costumes! Nice cookies, Michael.