Monday, September 18, 2017

Party preparations

Sorry for the big delay. Last week sucked.  We'll get to those details soon enough.  But for now here's the plan.  This post: the two days after Spencer's birthday.  Next post: Spencer's party.  After that: All of the Spencer pictures from birth to ten and nine to ten. Finally: Last week in one or two posts. And by then I'll still be behind from this week.  But, whatever. 

So, the day after Spencer's birthday, on the 7th, I went to work.  There was a baby shower after work for a 3rd grade teacher who is having a baby next month. I picked up a few cute things from Home Goods. 


When I got home from work we took these pictures, 





So that we could do this epic side by side.  Left: Spencer at one day old.  7:05 pm.  5 pounds 15 ounces.  On the right: Spencer at ten years and one day old. 7:05 pm.  66 pounds. 

On Friday I went to Kohls.  Look what I found!  An entire table of Harry Potter attire. 
I ended up buying shirts for me and Michael.  The date of purchase: September 8, 2017.  The date of Spencer's 11th birthday party: September 8, 2018.  

Then I made Spencer's cake.  He wanted to try an icebox cake.  I cheated and used purchased cookies. 

They were layered with a combination of cream cheese, whipped cream and biscoff cookie spread. 




There were a bunch of mini m&m's in there too. 



It had to sit in the refrigerator for four hours and then I frosted and decorated it.  In the middle of all of that Michael's car broke down on the freeway and I spent hours driving around dealing with all of that. 




The last thing we did before going to bed was hang up the decorations for the party. 

It was all Pokemon all the time in here. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

I'm curious as to what will happen on Spencer's 20th? Will he be holding Michael then instead? :)