Thursday, August 24, 2017

Mostly boring, with an eclipse thrown in

I think the stress of the last two weeks has addled my brain, because I cannot remember any single detail about what we did on Sunday.  

I know we didn't leave Ginger alone, but beyond that who knows?

Elliott waited until the backyard was in the shade and then spent some time outside. 

He apparently didn't get dressed that day, because this was right before dinner. 


This was a lot of fun.  He just sat in his house and squeezed the horn on his trike. 

Sunday night we started working on Spencer's birthday invitations. He's having a Pokemon party for his 10th and I had the brilliant idea to make homemade invitations. 
Monday was the eclipse.  I can remember that.  

I had asked my dad if we could borrow all of his welding glass to watch the eclipse.  Then he just casually strolled into his workshop and found a pile of eclipse glasses from 1992.  I can actually remember using these things in 7th grade. 
I tried to use the welding glass in front of my phone to take a picture before the eclipse started. It did not work. 
Putting a pair of eclipse glasses in front of the phone worked better.  But the sun was still quite tiny.  I'm not making any money off of this image. 
The eclipse in the Phoenix area was at it's highest concentration (is that the best word?  I don't think so) at 10:33 so I went to the kid's school at 10:25 and checked them out of class.  Then we just stood in the entryway, looked, and then I sent them back to class. 


You can see it's not round. 

I did a selfie with the sun.  I was using glasses in front of my phone, but it came out all weird. 

Monday night we finally finished the invitations.  Never again with the homemade invitations!  Never.  Again. 


1 comment:

Cat said...

I tried to make one of those homemade eclipse viewing things, you know with the cereal box. It did not work. I followed the directions and it looked fine to me, but I saw nothing.