Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Superbowl Sunday

Elliott was invited to a birthday party for a kid at his daycare on Superbowl Sunday.  It started at 9:15 in the morning.   Yes, you read that correctly.  9:15 am on a Sunday.  Oh, and did I mention it was at Pump It Up?  And did I mention it was a glow party?  With loud music.

It was my turn to take Elliott to a birthday party (we're on a parent rotating schedule) so off we went.  At 8:50 am.  




Elliott wore a glow in the dark shirt and I wore white.  We were sufficiently glowy. 





All the kids.  There was a pretty good turn out for a Sunday morning at 9:15. 






They served pizza and cake at 10:30 when the birthday boy opened presents.  We'll just leave it at that. 

After the party Elliott and I went to IKEA and bought some necessities (mostly napkins) and then we all got ready to go to John and Maryellen's house for Super Bowl.

These are the highlights of the day, because goodness knows I didn't watch any of the game or a single commercial, but I did catch the half time show. 

The kids dressed appropriately. 

There was stadium seating for the boys. 

An entire buffet of snacks.
Ginger came along because I was really worried about her recent inability to walk (more about that soon) and I didn't want to leave her alone. 
Maryellen and I drank a bottle of wine and then had limoncello.  Homemade limoncello.  And it was delicious. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

Party at 9 on a Sunday? Bless you.