Monday, December 5, 2016

The rest of Thanksgiving weekend

Winston returned to us the day after Thanksgiving.  I'm going to do Winston update posts again this year so I won't show you every day of him yet, but we were all very excited to see him this year and I wanted to share his first day.  He brought mugs and hot cocoa for the kids. 

We took a long walk and went to the park on Friday morning.  Then we ate Thanksgiving leftovers for lunch.  The tupperware lid made a very cool impression in the mashed potatoes. 


On Friday night we took Spencer to his first football game.  The University of Arizona vs Arizona State. 


The U of A won.  Of course.  It's my alma mater. Michael's too. 



Saturday morning was full of all sorts of lounging. 

Then Michael and I went over to Nick's house to put up his tree.  Shhh.  It's a secret.  He doesn't know yet. 

Saturday was Nathan's 40th birthday.  I found this picture from around the time he turned 4. 

So of course I forced his participation in a comparison.  

It's not bad. 


A bunch of people, family and friends, went out for dinner that night. 






There was ice cream cake. 

On Sunday we drove home and worked on our outside lights.  It was legitimately cold outside so that night we had our first fire of the season. 

The kids roasted marshmallows for s'mores.




And Ginger enjoyed the coziness. 
It was not a spectacular weekend, but it was slow and fun and just what we all needed. 

1 comment:

Cat said...

I wonder what constitutes cold in your neck of the woods...