Thursday, February 18, 2016

Valentine's Day Weekend

I planned the February get-together for my ladies group.  We met at the Gilbert Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, ate brunch and then browsed the vendors.  Shireen and Joni were not able to make it, so we had another small group.

We met at the food trucks.  Then we split up in search of food. Lauren and I went to The Uprooted Kitchen truck, which is owned by Mr. Chad (Elliott's former OT and his wife).

I had a warm quinoa bowl with a chocolate cherry scone.  The iced coffee is from another vendor.  It was $5.  It was not worth $5.  The prices were not listed, sneaky sneaky sneaky, so I didn't know what I was paying until after I ordered it.

We asked some random dude to take our picture.  This one was nice.

The one of our crotches, not so much.

Lauren bought a loaf of bread from one of the vendors and then I insisted that she carry it around like a baby the rest of the morning.


We wouldn't be us if we didn't take some stupid pictures.


All of the above pictures were taken by Maryellen, Brenda and Lauren.  This is the only picture I took.  I was going to go and get a picture with Mr. Chad for Elliott, but they were really busy with customers and then I saw them drive down the street so obviously I lost my chance.
On Saturday night John and Maryellen came over for dinner.  I was going to be so good and take so many pictures so I could blog about the whole night.

And here's the picture I took.  Yep.  One.  The appetizer.  These were puff pastry cups with brie and raspberry jam.
We had homemade mac and cheese with bacon, caramelized onions and tomatoes for dinner.  And brownie cookies for dessert.  But, you'll have to take my word for it.

I had pulled off the blanket from Spencer's bed that afternoon.  Ginger took it as an immediate invitation to sleep on it.


She was still there the next morning.

Valentine's Day started out with presents.  Each kid got a Star Wars mug full of chocolate and a new watch.


And Winston came to visit!  He brought the kids boxes of chocolate.

Since I had just barely made it back to my pre-Christmas weight after 6 weeks of no grains, dairy or sugar, I thouht it would be a great idea to immediately regain all of it by having donuts for breakfast.



Spencer bought Elliott a minion stuffed animal.  He thought of it all on his own.  Sometimes I think maybe they won't kill each other before they reach their 20's.


We did a bunch of stuff around the house and ran a bunch of errands that day.  Nothing earth shattering.

There was pizza for lunch.
Then there was a delightful pink sunset in honor of the special day.  It was also Arizona's 104th birthday.  Happy birthday to my home state!

These three pictures were taken with my camera.



And these two with my phone. I think it's so interesting how different the pink is in them.


This was my phone.
We spent the entire day together as a family on Sunday and then, because Monday was a holiday, we did the same thing again.  It was lovely.  And by Tuesday I was ready for everybody to go away and leave me the hell alone.

3 comments:

Valerie said...

Ha. The last sentence just restored my faith in the fact that you are a human being and not a perfect robot mom.

Maryellen said...

Valentine's weekend was a fun one for you!! The minion stuffed toy from Spencer was precious. He's such a great big brother!!

Sherry said...

What a fun weekend! I love your girls' group outings. That one looked so fun. The boys' Valentine's were perfect, but Spencer's special gift to his little brother was the best. I love when our boys show their love for one another without being told or encouraged. :-)